Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Had a right scare last night

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by metaldog, May 30, 2010.

1. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

Last night I was walking in the woods in between heavy rain showers and Bizkit disappeared for ages. I called and called and couldn't see or hear him any where, Pippi kept going off to look and coming back alone, I followed her but still couldn't see or hear him. After a couple of minutes I started to get really worried as his recall is 100% lately. It got really dark with clouds and started to chuck it down. After about 10 minutes of frantic searching and calling he appeared out of the trees shaking his head as he ran towards me. I was so glad to see him, but when he got close I could see he had blood on his foot. I checked him over and he had a deep cut on his back leg just above his big pad and a nick in the edge of his ear. I have no idea what happened to him!

I took him home and rang the vet who said to clean up the wounds and bandage his leg. I took him in to the vet this morning and they gave him an antibiotic and pain killing jab and have put a tight bandage on. They are going to see him again on Tues and stitch his leg if he's not healing.

He's on cage rest and on very short walks on his lead until he's better.

I wish he could talk and tell me what the hell happened, but I suppose I'll never know. I am so happy I found him and he's going to be ok. It's not very nice being all alone in the pooring rain trying to find your lost dog, but he's safe now thank God!

2. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Thank god you found him safe.

Simba has stitches in his leg and a bandage after a misterious injury.

3. rona

rona Guest

How frightening. Hope he's ok

4. dodigna

dodigna PetForums VIP

what a freight!!! I would have been beside myself!

5. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

How is he today?

6. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

how scary for you both...

how is he today?

7. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

He's ok in himself at home. But when I take my other dog out for her long walk without him he's howling the house down poor lad. :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice