Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Had a meltdown this morning

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by vickieb, Apr 13, 2011.

1. vickieb

vickieb PetForums VIP

Oh dear....... well I should have known better than to let a 5 month old lab out while there was washing hung up to dry withing his sharp teeths reach! New top ripped withing 30 seconds.....

I have to say I didnt handle it well....... anyone got any tips for frustration management?

I seem to suffer with this on a daily basis now..... I think the phrase cannot live with, cannot live without is very apt at the moment :confused:

2. vbud88

vbud88 PetForums Newbie

bolo used to do that as a young puppy hes now 17 weeks old and leaves the washing line alone but thats the only thing safe in the garden lol, im always going into melt down lately as he has started biting again:cryin:

3. lexie2010

lexie2010 PetForums Senior

i feel your pain-lexie ripped new top (1st wash) from the clothes horse last week and ate a hole right in the middle of the back of it! i replaced it with a new one as i loved it that much and yesterday she tried to get her teeth around that one too! needless to say their were stern words-but i really dont think she realises what shes doing-its just attention seeking!

4. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

lol i remember one of mine pulling my oldests new jeans off the line and shredding them:eek:..to make matters worse he'd bought them himself with his birthday money, cost me a flippin fortune to replace em:cryin: haha

5. vickieb

vickieb PetForums VIP

are we mad getting these biting clothes ripping anger testing bundles of joy ha ha ha :)

Mine still jumps up at everything, mouths everything and in general over excited..... But what did I expect getting a Lab.

I look like a tramp in my 'house clothes' as I dont want decent stuff wrecking so the clothes I wear are full of small holes, and generally a mucky paw mark :D

6. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

i feel your pain, jake`s never been one for chewing but he`s addicted to playing tug although makes his own rules up aka if i`m winning he`ll grab my arm so i let go :rolleyes: he done it once and put a hole in my limited edition imported hoodie that had cost me a fortune :eek: i honestly felt like crying but i don`t think it helps really, best thing to do is either walk away and cool down or just laugh it off (through tears and gritted teeth that is). when i`m taking the washing out i take his space lobber out, he always think the washing line has stuff hanging for him to play tug with (i`m still trying to find the local tugaholics anonymous class for him) but the space lobber keeps him occupied with it`s irritatingly loud screaming noises lol

7. vickieb

vickieb PetForums VIP

leah84, i see we both have Labs :D.... mine is a tugger (and a Bugger!) as well..... :)

whats this space toy ?? I find any toy I buy Ern we destroys within 48 hours.....

One question, do you wonder how the Guide dog training teach a rowdy lab puppy to be the best most trusted dog ever?? Would love to get some tips from them ha ha ha

8. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

I know how you feel, Dillon is nearly 15 months and nothing in the garden is safe. I sometimes feel like pulling my hair out, the little S*D or should I say big. He has now taking to trying to catch any bird that flies over the garden, I think he thinks he's got wings silly dog. He has is also trying to catch Bees. Oh the joy of having a puppy. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

9. WelshOneEmma

WelshOneEmma PetForums VIP

I once left my favourite shoes out with Piper. Didnt think it would be an issue as she had never touched shoes. I don't have those shoes anymore! I was so angry, but it was my fault for leaving them there (its always worse when its your fault isnt it?!).

I now figure if its really important to me, i wont leave it in her reach. You just get used to these things. There are a few times i have threatened to turn her in to a hat though! :p

10. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

oh mine is most defo a bugger too :lol:

Space Lobber Dog Toy at Firebox.com - that`s the space lobber, they sell them in p@h too i`m sure but be warned they are incredibly noisy and if your lab is anything like mine it`ll be the best dam toy to ever have been invented. if he loves tug just as much as jake then you defo need a jumbo tug-a-tug for him like this one:

[​IMG]

(just ignore jake`s attempt to kill me with his laser vision :lol: )

11. vickieb

vickieb PetForums VIP

No way, I got one o these a few weeks ago from said P@Hme and its was stuffing everywhere within an hour...... I think he was born a mutant with razor blades for teeth! :D

12. vickieb

vickieb PetForums VIP

I love that comment, 'I dont have those shoes any more' :lol:

Erns fave steal is the tv remote, usually turning the telly over in the process :rolleyes:

13. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

haha for real? i didn`t even think there was stuffing in these, never felt any lol we`ve used it to play tug and everything and it`s never so much as gotten a hole in it!

14. Debxan

Debxan PetForums Member

Yes, can see what you mean. I've just returned from Tescos where the Guide Dogs association were collecting - with the help of two labs of course. Both very well behaved and one only 15 months old! One tried to sit on my lap when I bent down to stroke him! Both very gentle and didn't try to jump up - how do they do it?

My labrador was never like that when he was a youngster!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice