Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Had a lucky escape.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by catz4m8z, Apr 24, 2011.

1. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

was walking the dogs yesterday when Adam's collar broke on our busy road!:eek: I knew it was getting abit ropy but didnt realiesed it had worn right through.
    The lucky bit was the fact that we had just walked to my row of houses (so on a raised walkway above the road) and the fact my friend just happened to have called to see me at that time and was stood outside.:)
    Of course Adam saw her and took off running straight towards her (and why not??, she always has biscuits!!LOL).:rolleyes:

So....phew!!!
    Adam is now borrowing Hannah's lovely old pink collar until we get him a new one.:eek:

2. MissBexi

MissBexi PetForums VIP

Wow that is a lucky escape. That's always a worry for me when I'm out. My dogs love any people so they'd run to the closest people lol. Thankfully nothing bad happened :)

3. Angie2011

Angie2011 PetForums VIP

OMG! thank God he is safe Hun! i bet your heart was in your mouth! dred to think.............:( x

4. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I know. Someone was looking out for me!
    Its the first time Ive ever come back from a dog walk to find someone on my doorstep.:D
    (Hannah has pulled Adams old collar out of the bin and chewed it into tiny pieces...:rolleyes:)

5. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Wow lucky! Glad nothing bad happened.

I once bought a £shop :)rolleyes:) lead for my collie/gsd cross and after about a week, the trigger clip just snapped off on the way to the park! Rusty had appaling recall :scared:
    He shot off towards the park and we still had a (quiet) road to cross. I just panicked and shouted ''Rusty! STOP!!'' and he came back! :D I gave him such a big fuss and was so please he had come back then I let him off in the park and that was the end of his bad recall :D My other dog though, decided it would be really funny to mess about in the sudden torrential downpore (had been really sunny on the way there) for 45 mins I was trying to catch her :lol:

Should have learned my lesson? But I bought a £shop lead with a large clip for a greyhound lead I aquired and had no clip, but I wanted to use the long lead for class. Well it snapped and off Dave went to say hello to all the other dogs!

Not bought a £shop lead since :lol: never will and will always reccomend people not to if they have strong dogs.

6. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

glad it all ended ok:) Must have been so scary for you until he ran to your friend and was safe!

7. Rolosmum

Rolosmum PetForums VIP

Very lucky i must admit i always use slip leads as mine dont really walk any distance on lead, just to make sure they are safe getting in and out of cars etc, but i had a collar break when my pup was small and had to carry him home.

I usually carry a spare collar/lead just in case, and now i have two dogs one will walk to heel without a lead so i could use her lead if i had to.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice