UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
20,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bungo was lying on his bed when suddenly he made an awful noise, then started rushing around, in a crouched position, foam coming from his mouth, by the time I got to him he had laid down and was panting hard, chin covered in foam. He quickly calmed down then went and had a good drink, been fine since.
My Dad thinks he bothered an insect and it made it plan it wasn't happy.

I hope that's all it was but I've been keeping an eye on him scared its going to happen again.

·
Registered
20,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Poor Bungo …. hope he’s ok and it was a one off.
Thank you. Thankfully he has been fine since, so fingers crossed.

Sounds scary can you phone the vets for some advice ? Boxers are sending healing vibes.
If it happens again I will be straight on the phone to the vets, but as he is fine at the moment I'm hesitant to phone them. Thank you.

·
Registered
20,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Grand Empress of the Universe
9,877 Posts
Could have been a fly bite. Some of them do hurt a bit and if you were snoozing it could certainly shock you awake!
At least he calmed down quickly afterwards.

·
Registered
20,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You won't be sleeping much tonight!
No, I don't think I will. I've moved his bed into my bedroom for the night so I can keep an eye / listen out for him.

Very scary- any obvious marks on his tongue?
Nothing that I can see, no.

Could have been a fly bite. Some of them do hurt a bit and if you were snoozing it could certainly shock you awake!
At least he calmed down quickly afterwards.
Yes, could of been.
Him calming down quickly was a relief.

Poor Bungo, fingers crossed it was something simple like an insect bite/sting and he'll be ok

They do like to worry us!
Fingers crossed! He's been fine ever since, he has eaten, drunk and ran off with a toilet roll tube so I'm feeling hopeful it was something like that.

They certainly do!

·
Premium Member
34,186 Posts
Just seen this, so pleased he seems OK this morning, must have been such a worry for you last night,

Reactions: ForestWomble

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
This sounds really alarming.Glad it seems to have ended well.Do you think he could have caught a bee or a wasp 🐝? I always told Maci not to chase the stripey ones because they bite back but of course,he never took any notice.He's far more sedate now.Hope Bungo's ok after a good night's sleep 🤞.

·
Registered
19,111 Posts
This sounds really alarming.Glad it seems to have ended well.Do you think he could have caught a bee or a wasp 🐝? I always told Maci not to chase the stripey ones because they bite back but of course,he never took any notice.He's far more sedate now.Hope Bungo's ok after a good night's sleep 🤞.
I’ve posted before but Loki was stung once out on a walk and collapsed at the side of the road. I called the vets in a panic they laughed said to give him a cuddle and a piriton and he’d be fine. He’s very sensitive where as sox gets stung and is fine. If you have ever seen fainting goats that’s Loki.

·
Registered
20,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Poor Bungo and poor you!

Hope you both managed to get a good nights sleep.
Think Bungo had a better sleep then I did, thankfully no more panics and he's been fine so far today.

Just seen this. Poor Bungo, and poor you.

Hope you both managed to have a good night’s sleep and that he remains fine today. :)
Thank you.

Just seen this, so pleased he seems OK this morning, must have been such a worry for you last night,
Thank you

Aw poor bungo. I hope the both of you managed to get some sleep and he is OK today
Thank you.

Unlikely it would have been a wasp, Bungo normally stays well clear of them, a wasp strayed into his toys once and while he was very interested he backed away whenever it buzzed. I haven't seen the culprit so might of been a bee, did a good search of his bed and toys in the hopes of finding whatever had stung/bitten/sprayed him but no sign, wondering if he ate it. I know he likes to play with woodlice so could of been something like that.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I’ve posted before but Loki was stung once out on a walk and collapsed at the side of the road. I called the vets in a panic they laughed said to give him a cuddle and a piriton and he’d be fine. He’s very sensitive where as sox gets stung and is fine. If you have ever seen fainting goats that’s Loki.
I don't think that's an over reaction at all,at least not the first time it happens.
Anaphylactic shock is pretty alarming and can be an emergency.
It sounds like Loki could have made a living on the stage,drama seems to come naturally to him 🎭.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts