Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Had a Breakthrough!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by SLB, Sep 11, 2013.

1. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

Some of you know about Louie's issues with males that are entire and bigger than him. Well we've worked hard on these for the past year and recently a friend of mine has gotten a young, entire, bigger than Louie GWP pup, well 14 months old.

Anyway, Lou and Hugo have been fine, there was a lot of growling at the start from Louie, Hugo was actually really good and always has been. Several walks later that has stopped and they walked together without a grumble. Then I had Hugo and the other GWP they own Elsa, over night for them and Lou, apart from a few grumbles when Hugo got too close - was fine!

Today was the defining moment. Louie started a play bow at Hugo. He was a bit giddy and I think he was a little unsure of what he was doing. But Hugo started play bowing back and then they had a tentative play session. Lou's hackles were raised slightly but nothing terrible. There was a little grumbling but I'm sure that was all play. Hugo was bouncing about like the great puppy he is and Lou actually surprised me.

I did not think I would see him play with Hugo, let alone see it this soon. :D

So proud of my boy. And just because - here's a photo taken by my friend from Monday :) (Will add the other photos later - Monday was the expensive hectic walk)

[​IMG]

:D

2. Lauren5159

Lauren5159 Lover of Terriers, loser of the plot.

That's awesome!!!

Go you and go Louie!

There's no better feeling than when all your hard work pays off :)

Gorgeous photo too! I'd love to see some more :)

3. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

Thank you - it was a long road and we're not there yet, nor do I feel he will ever be 100% with other males. Luckily the ones we have walked with that he has had successes with have been calm and respectful of his grumbling.

I shall put more up tomorrow - My friend is putting them on a memory stick for me to do as I please with them. But I have work tonight.

4. Phoolf

Phoolf PetForums VIP

Awww that's brill news - and that's the face I love looking up at me when I visit you :D

5. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

Leigh said he tried to get a photo of Elsa jumping up at him but the only time she wouldn't oblige was when the camera came out so as Lou has this thing about having to injure his man parts (Leigh's that is) he was only too happy to jump up him - got some other amazing shots of him too :D

6. lotlot

lotlot PetForums VIP

That's brilliant!! It's so rewarding when you begin to see your hard work paying off!!

And that photo :eek: I love it!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice