Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Gypsys's still ill :(

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Mese, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

Both my dogs had diahrhea (sp) last weekend ... Toffs better :) but Gypsy is still 'squitty' :(
    Ive been in touch with the vet all week , and they say im doing everything they would advise me to do anyway , but im too worried about her now so fingers crossed the vets can fit us in late afternoon today
    she's def losing weight , which she cannot afford to do with her being as lean as she is , Ive tried starving her for a day .. and when I do feed her she wolfs it down , natural yoghurt , chicken and rice, etc but it comes out as water almost as soon as she's eaten :(
    she's not as lively today as she has been all week , she's also very cuddly , which isnt like her , normally she'll come over for a love but will sit a small distance away , today she's nearly on my lap , she's reminding me of one of the kidlets when im babysitting and they dont feel well , all they want is Nan to hug them and make it better :cryin:

2. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

Aww bless her

I hope shes better soon

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Take a feces sample into the vets and have it tested.

Personally, id also have some blood tests taken. Its certainly not normal to have the runs for such an extended period of time.

4. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

I said to the vet on the phone about taking a poo sample in and they told me not to yet as the tests are very expensive and there are other things to try first :confused:

5. rona

rona Guest

Yes like the expensive food they stock :(
    You are paying the bill, if you want tests get them.
    See if your vet can give you Pro Kolin paste, it's amazing

6. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Aww bless fingers crossed for you that your vet can give you some sort of idea to whats going on..I would also get a feces sample..Thats a very long time to to have bad gutts for..

We have also used Pro Kolin paste before and its brilliant stuff imo.

7. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

Thanks for the replies :)
    ive def got an appointment for 4:25 :)

Our vet is a good one, he looked after our Buddy for 10 years and now Toff and Gypsy ... and he always listens to what we have to say , cos as he says , no-one knows their dog better than the owner themself

I totally trust him , I know he'll do whats best for Gypsy :)

8. Bobbie

Bobbie PetForums VIP

Oh I know that feeling well when they begin to lose weight even when they are still eating some food. Have you tried the Hills D/D wet food? as this is bland and easy to digest it might help with the recovery period. good luck at the vets

9. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

Gypsy wasnt impressed with the vet today and is very glad we're back , lol

He already knew most of what was wrong cos ive been talking to him , so he took her temperature (normal) and a quick once over (perfect little girl was what he called her :D) .... then gave her a steroid/penicillin shot that made her yelp (she basically hid behind me the entire time after that) and has given me some Pro Kolin, enough for three days for her
    I can introduce small portions of chicken and rice to her from tomorrow morning if she stops squitting
    If she hasnt stopped having runny poo's by sunday he wants her back in to see her and he'll do some tests

10. rona

rona Guest

Sounds like it's all in hand :)
    I'm sure she will be fine now

11. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

fingers crossed she'll be ok soon!:)

12. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

I used that pro-kolin and it really is great

13. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

Is she any better today?

14. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

Yep :D
    her poo's are returning to normal and she had a small amount of chicken and rice this morning as the vet said she could
    Im keeping everything crossed she's beaten it now and will keep on getting better :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice