Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Gundog training for a pet spaniel

Discussion in 'Gundogs & Gundog Training' started by Serena AB, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Serena AB

Serena AB PetForums Newbie

Can anybody give me some advice on gundog training? We have a 2 1/2-yr-old cocker spaniel bitch (sold to us as a show, but we have our suspicions about that, think she must be a mix of show/working).

I recently discovered that my husband has 'working dad guilt' over the dog :p even though there's usually somebody at home with her and she's a perfectly happy little thing (unless she catches wind of an f - o - x which unfortunately is a problem in our area...) So we're looking at gundog training as a way for him to spend more focussed time with her.

Is this something that could work? Or are most gundog clubs a bit more serious and wouldn't want somebody there who's just learning for a bit of interest for them and the dog? We're in Lewisham so I guess we would have to travel a fair bit to get to our nearest gundog club!

2. ZoeR

ZoeR PetForums Newbie

Hi - There is a chap who I went to when Piper was younger for an intro to it - he does weekend B&B and training for owner and gun dog. workingcanines.co.uk Reasonably priced and very effective - we are looking to go back to him. in the weekend - we went the basics of whistle training were taught and with himself and mandy his partner are super welcoming!

3. smokeybear

smokeybear PetForums VIP

4. sophiacole553

sophiacole553 PetForums Junior

I just heard

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice