Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

gun dog training durham

Discussion in 'Gundogs & Gundog Training' started by batgirl, Jul 9, 2014.

1. batgirl

batgirl PetForums Junior

Hi all can anyone point me in the right direction for gun dog training in the county durham area . I have a 15 month old lab and we've done obedience classes but I really want to try something a bit more challenging for him

2. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

Google Abberwick Gundogs, if they can't help you, then I'm sure either Dave or Maureen will be able to point you in the right direction.

3. batgirl

batgirl PetForums Junior

Thank you :)

4. shamykebab

shamykebab PetForums VIP

Closer to Durham - contact Jennifer Hay of the Golden Retriever Club of Northumberland (contact on website). They run classes at Hettons Lyons park on Thursdays - a perfect introduction for gundog work.

On Sun August 23rd there's a charity gundog event being held in Northumberland - think there's a space left in the beginner group. If you're interested let me know!

5. batgirl

batgirl PetForums Junior

That is very close to me . Thanks I'll get in contact with them . We are on holiday on the 23rd but thanks for the offer it would have been great if we could have made it :)

6. emskithompson

emskithompson PetForums Newbie

Hi,
    Did you attend this training class. I live in the north west part of Durham and wondered how you got on? I am really interested in attending some sort of gundog training but have had real difficulty finding a suitable class.

As it turns out, there is a training day in Sunderland on the last Sunday of every month with Yorkshire gundogs, I plan to attend next week so I’ll let you know how I get on.

:blush:

7. batgirl

batgirl PetForums Junior

Hi :)

No I didn't go , by the time I got in touch with them there was only one class left before they finished for the season but I intend to go when they start up again next year .

I didn't realise there was any on in sunderland so that's great news . I'm off to have a look at it now but if you could let me know what it's like that would be great thanks .

It's crazy how difficult it appears to be to get into gun dog stuff in this area unless it's a closely guarded secret lol

Claire x

8. emskithompson

Im lucky enough to know a fella who does it, but he isnt a fan of doing lessons, sadly and even he couldnt point me in the direction of classes

I contacted yorkshire gun dogs on twitter, found some great reviews and its only £10 for the training day!:w00t:

his twitter name is @yorksiregundog

hope this helps and might see you next sunday! :):)

9. batgirl

batgirl PetForums Junior

Thanks for the info . I'll give you a shout if I'm going :)

10. emskithompson

Hiya!
    I went to that training day today, really informative! and excellent value for money at £10 for 2 hours!
    emma

11. Claire Maddison

Claire Maddison PetForums Newbie

Hi, can anyone recommend gun dog training in the Durham area? I have an 11 month old cocker spaniel who loves nothing more than to sniff out pheasants on our daily walk in the woods & would be grateful for some training to ensure he comes back to me when called! Thanks Claire

12. shamykebab

shamykebab PetForums VIP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice