Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Guineapigs in need?

Discussion in 'Small Animal Rescue and Adoption' started by Shrike_xX, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Shrike_xX

Shrike_xX PetForums Newbie

Hello. :D
    I'm pretty to new to the forum altogether but I joined because I'm really looking to rescue a guineapig. I love them so much but I live in Chester and I don't drive so its tricky.
    My Mum doesn't want to help me cause she's not particularly keen on them but shes happy to let me get one aslong as I sort it out without involving her, but that means no lifts to RSPCA centres or to cavyrescue etc.

Does anyone know of a guineapig that needs a new home in the Chester/Cheshire area? I'd be really happy to hear from you. He/she/they would be kept indoors and be fully pampered!

2. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Can i give a bit of advice i would say your better getting a pair of guinea pigs as they dont like being on there own and are very social animals. your better of going for two girls or a pair of males both from the same litter. Guinea pigs cant make there own vit c so will require plenty of greens and veg ie broccoli carrots and fruit :not stoned fruits;. They also do better having some access to a bit of sun as this helps any vitamins to be absorbed. shade also available if needed. To keep there teeth in check they do well on hay as it keeps there teeth down and a small amount of guniea pig mix. Sorry cant help with finding you a guinea pig as im in southampton. But good luck .

3. Shrike_xX

Shrike_xX PetForums Newbie

Hiya. Thanks for the health advice but I'm not a novice piggy owner, I've kept 5 guineapigs before now, some of them were rescues but I lived bascially down the road from the RSPCA centre in Worcester, West Midlands when I was alot younger, I'm 19 now. I used to cycle there and help out plus I've had a variety of other small animals so I know about their care. ;)
    I have kept a guineapig single a) my other guineapigs died of old age or cancer and b) because he didn't like other guineapigs whatsoever and was more than happy cuddling me and running around in my room. But I would be happy to hear from anyone thats close enough really. :D

Thanks for the advice though and thanks for responding! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice