Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Guinea Pigs

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Buggles, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Buggles

Buggles PetForums Senior

I would love a guinea pig...or 2...or 3...or 4...or 5...or...yeah you get the picture. But we just haven't got the time for them at the moment.

What I'd like to know, however, is how many you have? What breeds? How old are they? Names? Tell me everything about them :D Oh, and you MUST include photos haha :D:D:D

2. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

Used to breed guinea pigs years ago and show them had a few different types. Even had an agouti ?? My two favs were oiu oiu mark anthony and octavia cleopatra. Octavia was like a punk rocker and mark anthony was like a hippy. They always used to whistle when it was time for their run and foodies...oh happy days :)

3. Luvdogs

Luvdogs PetForums VIP

I have three guinea pigs, not even sure what they are :eek: I will upload some pics when i get a minute, they are fab pets though ;)

4. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

I have 2 at the momment but have had quite a few over a period of years, i currantly have a boar and a sow the boar has been done both rescues . The boar is a cheastnut colour and the sow is a white and tan semi long hair. Ive also had hymilain and rex before. You can have a boar in collection of females provided hes been sorted or there would be of course lots of new babies.There is some photos in my profile page as not quite sure how to post.

5. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

I have 2 female guinea pigs aged approx 4 or 5. They are called Snowy (smooth white) and Fluffy (grey and cream long haired).
    Not sure of the breeds - I did have 4 but sadly 2 other girls passed away at Christmas they were Teddy (brown rough coat) and Ginger (ginger tufty coat).

We adopted them from someone who's wife had bred as a hobby but got bored :( They've been with us for 3 years.

You can see Snowy and Fluffy in my Avatar :)

6. Terrier Fan

Terrier Fan PetForums VIP

I currently have 4. Violet is a a self golden, Hazel a smooth tri-colour, Peppa is a silver agouti and Fern is a self black. They are pets at home adoption piggies and are all around 3 years old.
    I have had guinea pigs all my life, they are great pets, full of personality :)
    I can't post pics at the moment will try tomorrow.

7. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

We have ten guinea pigs. Eight females and two males. My oldest one will be six in November and my youngest one is around 10 weeks. Eight of them live in a large shed in big hutches and two of them (the two oldest) live in indoor cages in the kitchen.

Here are some of our females

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Our two youngest

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ginger one of my males.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Iggy one of my female indoor piggies who doesn't get on with other females cos she is way too bossy.
    [​IMG]

Nemo my oldest piggy and my favourite because I have had him since he was born. He's lost the use of his back legs three or four times this last year or so and thankfully he's fully recovered now although the vet thought he would have to be put to sleep.

[​IMG]

8. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

beautiful guineas!!! :)

9. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Ahhh there so sweet love the big white cloured one it it a colourpoint looks like it has pale grey running through its snout.

10. Neza

Neza PetForums VIP

Those pics are amazing! I love those pigs, they are beautiful.

I myself just have two cavies, a mother and a daughter. They are very friendly, both hand-raised, I wish I had ten more like them. :D

11. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

She's a long haired Himalayan I think. She looks massive under all that hair doesn't she. She had short hair when we got her too and no brown on her nose, she just looked like a normal white guinea pig.

12. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

I had a himi she was a total softy choc point. She unfortuanly got bone cancer and her bones started fusing together i had to have her pts but she was getting on a bit. There so cute love all there characters never two the same.

13. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

I love your doggy, Jazzy :D

And your piggies too, of course... :001_tt2:

14. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Thanks.:D

We have had to stop her going in the shed because she thought it was great to use as an outside toilet.:eek: We have the shed door open all day so I have put something across the door to stop her getting in now and the piggies have some peace from her. :laugh:

15. Indie

Indie PetForums VIP

I to want a piggy. Any advice on care etc?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice