Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Guinea Pig Pulling Others Hair!

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by CharleyRogan, May 31, 2010.

1. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

Hey, Ginger (american Shorthair) has been pulling out big clumps of hair from Elvis who is a Peruvian GP. They have food, and space, and whatever they ask for...(well everything I see when out and about and tell myself they must have it!)

Is it a dominance thing? Elvis is getting slightly miffed and this is the first time I have noticed him doing it.

2. CarolineH

CarolineH PetForums VIP

This is just something that some pigs like to do. Some never do it, others get into the habit and can't stop! Provide plenty of hay and maybe toilet roll tubes to chew as well, see if that will distract him. They tend to do it for extra roughage but sometimes it can become a habit. Smooth coated pigs tend not to get chewed but some pigs find the long and rough coated pigs irresistable! I am afraid you may have to accept that the other pig will always chew your longhairs coat though.:cool:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice