Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Guinea babies

Discussion in 'Small Animal Chat' started by Michelle321, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Michelle321

Michelle321 PetForums Newbie

Last week we got a mum and two baby piggies from PaH and one baby is much smaller. Is this normal? She is feeding very well and is loving her kale and nibbles. Im just worried because size is so different . Thanks in advance!

2. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier.

If she seems to be active & eating well & thriving, she should be ok & will probably catch up. If you're concerned at all just pop her along to the vets. Good luck with them :)

simplysardonic likes this.
  3. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Commander of a tiny, furry army
    Staff Member

The 3 piggies I took on were orphaned at about 3 days old & one (Susan) was a very skinny runt who I thought wouldn't make it but she was a little fighter & is now the same size as her sister (though they are both on the small side as they were an 'accidental' litter from missexed siblings).

I didn't really do anything different to the others, I weighed them morning & evening for the first week & offered unlimited hay, pellets, tasy forage, veg & fresh water in both a bowl & bottle.

One thing I would do is avoid using a bowl with too high a lip, just so the smaller one isn't at a disadvantage from getting to the food, I used cake plates :)

noushka05 likes this.
  4. BassetSittingT

BassetSittingT PetForums Newbie

I have two piggies that came from the same mummy piggie and they are completely different in size, one is much smaller than the other and always has been since we got them three years ago! like the others have said if the pig seems fine in its self and is eating etc no need to worry :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice