Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Guide Dog Centres

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by mr.stitches, Jul 25, 2009.

1. mr.stitches

mr.stitches PetForums VIP

Hi All

I have been looking on the net at the Guide Dogs website and would love to be involved, either puppy walking or boarding, or something!

Are any of you invloved with the Guide Dog association? My Mum saw an advert for volunteers in our local shop and has rung them, although the number was a UK one - were in the Isle of Man.

Just wanted to know if anyone had any info on the association/how to get involved in our area. Also, anyone who has helped to look after or train a guide dog.

Many Thanks

2. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

we had guide dogs in training at our college and i often walked them but werent allowed to do much else with them.

i applyed for a training possition but didnt get it because i lived in wrong area, cant be much more help then that im affraid, did think of being a puppy walker but id be too upset giving them up and you have to follow all their rules so can be a big life change.

3. mr.stitches

mr.stitches PetForums VIP

sounds like a hard organisation to get into!

i do agree, it would be sad when you take the puppy back....be a worthwhile time though!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice