Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Guess the diagnosis!

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Dr.Marie, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Dr.Marie

Dr.Marie PetForums Member

2. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Why do you charge for people to ask questions? I assume you make enough in your job?

I'd much rather go see my vet.

3. Dr.Marie

sequeena...it is always preferable for people to see their own vet! But sometimes people need to have a vet to talk to when their vet is not available.

For example, today I had a question about a dog who had a seizure and the owner was not sure if they should go to emergency or not. Other people want to talk to me about whether their vet's fees are fair, or to get a second opinion on a diagnosis.

I think my fees are very reasonable. I also hang out in forums like this to occasionally help people out. It's true that my website is designed for me to eventually make a profit. My goal is to be able to spend more time at home with my family (with the help of the income I get from helping people online) and less time in the office.

I hope that clears things up!
    Dr. Marie.

4. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Ah I see, thanks :) Sorry, I've tried websites like yours before and they've always turned out to be scams.

5. Dr.Marie

No problem! This is definitely not a scam...totally legit. I really have helped a lot of people! I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to make money on it, but really charging someone $9 to talk about their pet is not too bad.

But you are definitely right, there is no substitute for a one on one visit with your regular vet!

Dr. Marie.

6. Jen26

Jen26 PetForums VIP

How long does the guess the illness run for? theres quite a few guesses now:)

7. Dr.Marie

I'm going to try to post some new info each day until someone gets it. There are some very close guesses so far, but no exact one!

Dr. Marie.

8. Jen26

Jen26 PetForums VIP

right, thanks:)

9. Dr.Marie

10. Dr.Marie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice