Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Guess Shadow's Breed please:-)

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Obvious, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Obvious

Obvious PetForums Member

Basically, when Shadow was 6 weeks old, I found him by the roadside, found his owner and then I saved him from being drowned and he came home with me. The next day I got him vet checked and was told he was a male and 6 weeks old.

We went on holiday a few weeks later and left him with a friend who is VERY cat loving and knowledgeable who said he may have some Siamese in him due to how he looks and how he was moving etc.. (don't ask I have no idea) :confused::confused:

When I took Shadow to the vets for his jabs and microchip the vet said he looked a little Siamese too. Personally I cannot see it!

So, i've come to you cat slaves ;) to see if you can tell me what breed he is!?
    I think he's just a mix/moggy but do you think he may have Siamese in him?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Guess his breed? :)

2. Luz

Luz PetForums VIP

Firstly let me say he' gorgeous. Next can I tell you that I am probably one of the least knowledgeable about cats on PF. Lastly I would say - He certainly seems to have the 'shape' of a Siamese.

3. Jiskefet

Jiskefet Slave to the Hairy Hikers

He has a rather narrow face, which might sugggest some oriental parentage. But my tabby Connor, and his brother Gaudi who is now at the Bridge, both have/had the narrow face, and there is no trace of oriental in them, as far as I know.

4. Chiantina

Chiantina PetForums VIP

He is a beautiful moggy breed!!

5. Obvious

Obvious PetForums Member

Moggy is it then :D
    Thank you all :)

6. JordanRose

JordanRose Master of the Whingey Cat.

Hmm, he does have quite Siamese ears in that they are quite big, but I would say he'll grow into them eventually.

He maybe has some Meezer heritage there somewhere but for me he's a very handsome mogster :)

7. Obvious

Obvious PetForums Member

Thank you!! He's active, boisterous and quite hyper :)
    xx

8. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

Several of my moggies have had the Siamesey type, my first cat was a black moggie and we were told when we bought her that she had Siamese in her, and Treacle certainly had the oriental shape too. Even though they were moggies, cats with this shape must have descended from Siamese in the first place, as they were imported from Eastern countries. In the UK we started out with cats more like the rounded Brit type, and then we had Persians imported, but Siamese were the first feline immigrants to have this pointy shape! :) So yes there probably is Siamese in him somewhere (even Pixie appears to have a little!) :)

9. Obvious

Obvious PetForums Member

Aw, so I have a moggy that's a little bit siamese? ACE:D
    Right letting him outside again now, will check later :)

10. Jiskefet

Jiskefet Slave to the Hairy Hikers

Most moggies will have some genes from various breeds in them, no doubt, and sometimes it will show in their looks or in their character. Shadow seems to favour his distant oriental ancestors both in looks and in temperament.

I still believe Josje is part BSH, and there might be a faint oriental streak in Connor and Gaudi's distant past, both very lean, sleek, narrow-faced cats, as opposed to Romeo, who is also more inclined towards BSH as far as build and fur type are concerned. Xena, on the other hand, looks more like a Russian Blue, though she is definitely related to Romeo in some way.
    They both originate from the same campsite, where many moggies with this unsusual colouring (blue, creme and diluted tortie) are caught. There must be a clowder of semi-ferals or farm cats around, providing all these beauties....

#10 Jiskefet, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  11. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

He is an immensely handsome cat, with a fabulous coat, whatever his
    heritage :001_wub: So glad you rescued him:)

12. sharonchilds

sharonchilds PetForums VIP

I too have a black cat, with big ears and that siamese meow :D

13. sharonchilds

sharonchilds PetForums VIP

Shadow is gorgeous, lucky black cat to have found you:)

14. Obvious

Obvious PetForums Member

awww, thanks all :)
    xxx

15. Golgotha_tramp

Golgotha_tramp PetForums Senior

Me too- Mitzi is naughty enough to be a smeeze!!

16. spid

spid PetForums VIP

Presto is 'supposedly' 1/4 siamese - no big ears, muzzle completely wrong and miaows like a wuss! Good job we wanted him cos he was a ginger tabby.

17. Obvious

Obvious PetForums Member

He sounds gorgeous!! :eek:
    xx

18. PetloverJo

PetloverJo PetForums VIP

He looks gorgeous.:)

19. Obvious

Obvious PetForums Member

Thank you :)

20. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

In fact only 2 out of the 7 cats I have owned have not had any Siamesey traits - and they were Patch, one of my childhood tabby cats, and now Jumpy, my little round rascal! :001_smile:
    Even my fluffy cat Tabby had a slightly pointy face underneath all his fur - when you stroked it down, you could see it. His mum was my black part-Siamese so no wonder!! :D His brother Panda had the sleek build and Siamesey voice too. Pixie has a pointyish face and nose, and can yowl when she wants to! She is quite sleek but with tiny little rounded ears, short stumpy legs, a thicker tail and a little round tummy :001_smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice