Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Gucci a picky eater

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by chiquita, Aug 24, 2013.

1. chiquita

chiquita PetForums Member

When I got my gorgeous fluffy black kitten at 10 weeks old she was eating animonde carne, and bozita without any fuss. Then she went off them both after about a year:angry:

so I tried all sorts of foods, but wanted to be able to get one tin of each so as not to waste if she didn't like it. Also I wanted her to have a higher end food, so tried Lilly's kitchen and others from pet supermarket. She didn't have any of it but was still having Almo Nature dry food.

Then I tried supermarket wet food and she settled on Morrison's gourmet adult tuna in seafood jelly, little blue tins. Well, Morrison's have stopped producing them now, so I got the nearest they do to it. Adult chunks in jelly with tuna and pilchard. I put some in her bowl, thinking she's going to hate the change, and it looks nasty, so put in Morrison's gourmet in the other half of her bowl. She ate the cheaper Morrison's brand. How typical :rolleyes:

Just need to keep her on almo nature so at least she gets something decent :cool:

Would love any comments, from all you lovely helpful catmad people need all the help I can get :)

2. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I dont know coz Ive never had a fussy eater! I usually just left a bowl of biscuits down all the time then fed tinned food as well....if they didnt eat the tinned it would go in the bin!!
    My lot would eat anything you put in front of them. My friend has to feed about 6 different varieties of food to her 13 cats....(do cats actually starve themselves??:confused:).

3. chiquita

Thanks for your reply catz, I'm sure I spoil her far too rotten and bend to her needlessly :ciappa:

4. chiquita

So, to continue my boring story, I put the Morrison's gourmet in her bowl this morning ( thinking that I will use up these tins first, knowing that Gucci will infact eat the new food when they are run out) and.... she wouldn't touch it:( :shocked:so I left it there all day and this evening she has eaten it all up :)

So I'm a happy slave :aureola:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice