Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Gsp puppy

Discussion in 'Gundogs & Gundog Training' started by Lolmas, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Lolmas

Lolmas PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I am currently on a waiting list for a GSP puppy which will be born in December. We have been researching the breed and wanted a active family dog who we could walk loads and I could eventually run with. We were looking at a weimaraner firstly but loved the GSP. I know they are highly active dogs but I just wanted to ask any experienced owners if they have any advice! We want to get as prepared at we can. We currently have a pug cross who is 11 but still very active and super friendly, we have 2 children 8 and 10. I had a collie growing up so had a bit of experience with a highly intelligent dog but this GSP will be our first gundog. We live semi rural so plenty of fields and woodland walks to do and I work for myself so I'm mostly at home. Can a GSP eventually be left for 3 or 4 hours occasionally? I know it can't as a puppy which is absolutely fine, I'm just thinking going forward. I have found a HPR training centre near me that I will take the puppy to. Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice