Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

GSD problem

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by cris_r, Mar 25, 2008.

1. cris_r

cris_r PetForums Junior

Hi I have a brilliant GSD Kass she is just over two. this is my second I bought her when I new I was losing the other one. They had one year together befor the old one died.
    My problem is most of her walks are in the forests in Snownon she loves it there, a walk around the park at home is not for her if she does not get her fix of fifteen miles (I walk 5 she runs 15 ) then there is no peace. I do these walks four times a week the other times im on the beach or in the park but she is awfull with other dogs she thinks she can just pounce on them. Most of the time the other dog will play her rough games but Im always on tender hooks in case she hurts another dog so I keep her on lead When she spots another dog in the distance she will drop to the floor and totally fixate on it no amount of treats or play toys will distract her has anyone had this problem I try and turn her away from other dogs but she is a big girl and Im only little so I do have a problem.

2. Nina

Nina PetForums VIP

Cris, what is her diet?

Also, the best way to deal with this problem is to enroll in a good training centre, where she is able to mix with other dogs in a controlled atmosphere. She is only young, so I would get on that phone now.

3. carol

carol PetForums VIP

hi she really needs to go to a training class to mix with other dogs, you proberly dont see that many when your out so she dont really know how to behave around other dogs and how to really play gently with them.
    love to see a pic of her bet she a lovely looking :)

4. cris_r

cris_r PetForums Junior

Thanks for the advice have been to dog training classes she was brilliant also when in kennels she is allowed to run with other dogs they say she is fine just when we are walking she gets so excited. her diet is ok.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice