Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Grumpy Louie

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Dally Banjo, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Louie has become a right grump with Tango :eek: I would have expected it from day one but they were best mates straight away. He still plays with him but only when he wants to :rolleyes: if Tango even just walks past him he's growling & hissing :eek: :confused: & then if we pick him up he's just as bad :confused: he's not doing it with any of the others & none of the others are doing it to Tango :confused:

This seemed to start from Louie haveing his booster but I asked the vet today & she recond nothing to do with that :blink: do we think it could just be Tango getting a bit older :confused: I dont want to get him neuterd yet but 7 kg of Louie going off on one is getting a bit dodgy to say the least :(

EDIT already have a Feliway

#1 Dally Banjo, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  2. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Sorry to hear that Louie is still being a Grumpy Bum :angry:I have never had this problem as I have only once had 2 cats in the house at the same time and they avoided each other totally.Unfortunately the only thing I can think of that may help is for you to have Tango neutered a bit earlier than you planned to.It may be the cause but it may not,sadly the only way to find out is to do it.Louie maybe thinks his position in the pecking order(if he has one) is being threatened by this young chap in the red pants.I hope you can find a solution as it must be really upsetting to watch them not getting on.

3. Dally Banjo

We may well ahve to get him snipped if things get any worse :( they are currently trashing the bathroom without any arguments so I dont no whats going on in his head if anything :rolleyes: ;)

4. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

It may be that Tango oversteps the mark in his play with Louie,and if Louie is picking up that his "little :eek: "friend is a bit testosterone fuelled ,is trying to be dominant.

5. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

It does sound as if it might be hormones.Tango is getting to big for his boots - or should that be pants :D - and Louie is just trying to put him in his place.

6. Dally Banjo

OH thought it may just be Louie trying to stamp his authority seeing as he was bottom of the pecking order :lol: or he's just jealous because Tango is always draped round our shoulders :rolleyes: or laps, I dont know kids :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice