Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

grumpy after injections?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by princesspeach, Oct 11, 2013.

1. princesspeach

princesspeach PetForums Member

Freddie had this first injections yesterday and isn't himself today. He went to sleep about 8 yesterday, and he usually wakes at about 10 wanting to play, but he didnt last night and was still asleep when I went to bed at 11. He was sleeping when I got up and had not touched his food at all. He did get up when I went in to he living room and has eaten eaten a little bit of the food I put down for him this morning but not much, he usually eats the lot! And he has just been hiding away, looking grumpy, and if I try to go near him he is trying to bite me. I am worrying because at the vet yesterday a young girl brought a tiny kitten in without a box just holding it and sat next to me and it was sneezing constantly and now I am worrying (probably for nothing) that freddie caught something from the kitten. Or could it juat be the injections making him grumpy? I dont want to over react because I am prkbably just worrying for nothing.

2. Kidlington

Kidlington PetForums Junior

Some cats can react badly to injections - I'd talk to your vet again if you are worried.

How old is he? Some vets use different types of vaccines to others, there is a lot of variation in what is given.

My cats have always been fine but I have heard of this happening.

Roz

3. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

Yes a lot of them are groggie and it normally goes, if worried called the vet though! :)

4. princesspeach

he seems to have perked up a bit now, he has eaten a bowl full of food and is much more lively since his new scratching post arrived this afternoon :). i think i am just over worrying as i have never had a cat before and i am so worried of somethign going wrong. He is 10 weeks old.

5. nightkitten

nightkitten PetForums VIP

Wilbur does not tolerate his injections very well either. He used to hide and not eat properly for about 1 week!

He now gets his jabs in 2 different visits and he is better like this.

6. princesspeach

i might ask the vet about if they can give him a different version next time, also where they did the jab is slightly riased and he keeps biting at it, again no idea if this is normal. but he does seem a bit better now and i am happier now he is eating again.

7. Kidlington

Kidlington PetForums Junior

Definitely talk to the vet - I don't think it should have left a mark - sounds like he is either bruised or is having some sort of reaction - so he is uncomfortable.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice