Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

grrrrrr other dog owners!

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by villf1, Mar 28, 2011.

1. villf1

villf1 PetForums Junior

I know this has been experienced by many other people before but am sooo cross and need to vent!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Izzy has been making excellent progress and we were out on a lovely afternoon walk to the field. Izzy was on the lead and we were approached by a young guy and his sheep dog. The dogs touched noses and then the sheep dog turned on Izzy and bit her :( luckily no blood was drawn but she yelped and tried to get away but cos I had her on the lead and she has a lupi she couldn't and then the guy casually strolled up and pulled the dog off Izzy and his whole attitude was "well man my dog always gets attacked by other dogs its the dogs way man - they bite each other in the wild" I then had a go and said it would be better on the lead and he was like yeah whatever and spoke at me (because obviously no one else in the world is right apart from him" and when I walked off called me childish!!! arghhhhhh He really ruined my walk! grrrrr

Whats the best method to deal with these idiots?

Anyone got any good comebacks??

Poor Izzy she's only 10 months and thats the 3rd attack she's had now! She's getting more and more nervy which is kinda a good thing in a way because if a dog growls at her she runs back to me :)

Feel better now i've let it all out!!! :D:D:D:mad::mad::mad:

2. kaisa624

kaisa624 PetForums VIP

That's bad!! Holly is nervous around other dogs, so when she's offlead, she'll run back to us. However when she's on lead she's all bark and no bite.

I wonder why dogs keep seeming to bite your dog :( Hopefully she'll get over it, with the help of some real chilled friendly dogs :)

3. villf1

villf1 PetForums Junior

It's definatly nothing she's done as she has approached each dog that has bitten her really calmly I think we are just really unlucky. This was the worst one so far but luckily none of the bites have injured her!!
    We meet once a week with a friend who has a gorgeous lab the same age and the two of them play quite roughly but have a whale of a time but neither of them have bitten each other (it looks like they are but clearly they aren't hurting each other)
    Izzy is such a lovely dog if not a big boystrous so I can understand when some of the older dogs give her the warning growl but she's aware enough no to understand that means they don't want to play. But then you just get the dogs that attack. :(
    I want to ask the dippy idiot if he had ever wondered why his dog was always getting attacked! (prob cos his dog started it!!!!)

4. codyann

codyann PetForums Senior

sorry to hear that your izzy keeps getting bitten poor girl, i know this aint the best thing to do but when my mums dog (who is also very nervous) got attacked when she was in the feild and the owner didnt say anything not evan a sorry he was very ignorant, i couldnt stop myself and had to make my views heard. i do hope that you can sort out izzy :D

5. borderer

borderer Guest

get one of them electric fly zappers touch the dogs nose wont come back for more:D

6. RobD-BCactive

RobD-BCactive PetForums VIP

It wasn't my dog, honest!

Nose to nose, isn't good, if it stays in stand off for longer than a couple seconds and not nose to tail, then I call or lead my BC away, being ready to stand in the other dogs way. I try and stand, so I'm in position to intervene, not let my on leash dog, pull on a lead with me hanging behind, which guarantees nose to nose.

If your dog needs protecting, then a walking stick helps block off dogs acting undesirably, perhaps trying to mount, and the owners tend to hurry to collect them, before they do anything.

7. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

A gun!!! :D

8. villf1

villf1 PetForums Junior

Ha ha haha I wish! lol!!

Thanks for everyone's replies!!! :D:D:D:D:D

9. Helbo

Helbo PetForums VIP

A good comeback is to take a picture with your phone of the dog and guy and tell him if you ever see his dog bite yours or anyone elses again you'll be reporting them to the police.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice