Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Grrrrr still being a naughty Normi!

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by mimi g, Jul 21, 2009.

1. mimi g

mimi g PetForums VIP

Well as most of you know Normi pre-op liked to pee on my sofa.

It has been some weeks now since he was done and when I got home from work he was being a little cutey wanting attention.....so I let him jump up on the sofa with me....all was good and he sat next to me for abit while I stroked him, then he started sniffing around and coming back for more tickles this went on for about 30 mins until he 'sat down'.
    I thought oh I know that face.....to late he had peed again!!!!!!:eek:hmy:

Why does he still feel the need to scent and mark the sofa?
    Is it still to early after the op?
    Everything has been washed since the last time he did this which was afew months ago so I dont think he will be able to smell it.

Prob is when Normi learns a new trick he has to keep repeating it all night long, so will keep getting up on the sofa with me....im in for a night of putting him back on the floor all the time! How exciting!

xxxx

2. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

oh no nawty Normi! I thought the op would have helped him stop that! Its such a shame cos i know ow much you was looking forward to having him sit on the sofa with you!

Im not sure whatto suggest sorry hun!

But look at it this way...you are in for a fun night!! lol xx

3. mimi g

mimi g PetForums VIP

LOL thanks chick. Hope Stan is ok!

I let him come up because he tried to jump up and miserably failed and landed on his back so felt sorry for him and let him sit with me! Next time I will just laugh at him and tell him it serves him right for being a 'p1ssy ass!' x

4. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

naughty normi! I think I've read rabbits hate the smell of tea tree but I guess u dont want him to ignore u. If you say "No" to him he'll soon learn, Miffy doesnt go near the tv anymore.
    lol he cant jump on the sofa? Miffy will do a running jump over the back of the sofa on to the seat or on to the back rest.

5. umber

umber PetForums VIP

Cheeky normi... becareful though... my vet is always paranoid about rabbits on sofas when ever I go in she always says be careful about the sofa.... she said last year she treated a poor rabbit who dislocated its hip and did something to its leg from jumping off the sofa! Apparntly this rabbits used to do it all the time but one time was all it took for things to go wrong!
    So now my vet is traumatised by rabbits on sofas!

6. mimi g

mimi g PetForums VIP

He usually has no prob getting up and down im not sure what happened this time...silly sausage! But thanks for the warning umber, he is banned again now after being a naughty boy but still jumps up on everything else, he loves to jump on the dining chairs and sits under there for hours in the daytime and also has a shelf in his dog crate that he jumps up and down on.

Does anybody think this could be a prob I dont want him to hurt himself or will rabbits be rabbits? x

7. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

I think rabbits like to be up high so they can see whats going on and predictors, i'm sure he'll be fine jumping up on everying

8. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

I dont think its a problem Michelle, rabbits always jump up high and jump down again thats just the way they are! They will always find a way! :D

You are gonna get accidents but its not with every bun! But if you stop him he will probbaly find something else to jump up and down from thats their nature xx

9. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

or worse still eat a massive whole in the back of your very nice landlords sofa covers grrrr

10. daisyboo

daisyboo PetForums Member

Boo loves to pee on my sofa, does it all the time but only when im sat on there. he goes on it in the day but doesnt poo or wee then.

its doing my head it really but not much i can do!! thank god we have removable covers on the sofas as we are renting the apartment, im going to have to buy new ones if we leave.

11. mimi g

mimi g PetForums VIP

Rubbish isnt it. But I had norman done about a month ago to try and stop this and it hasnt!!!!

12. Lemoney.Ellie

Lemoney.Ellie PetForums Newbie

Aww he showing that he loves you by peeing! Annoying yes, disgusting, yes, al little bit cute? Yes :p

Try time outs? My rabbit always used to go behind the tv and try and chew wires and if he did I would put him in his smaller outdoor cage for an hour and when he came back in he wouldnt do it, eventually after time he has completely stopped going over there!

He hates being alone, most animals do.

Good luck, and naughty Norman Stop peeing!!!

13. mimi g

mimi g PetForums VIP

We do have to do time outs now.
    He used to live in the kitchen so they didnt really have an effect as he had soooo much room but he was getting naughty and the other half insisted he had a cage indoors or he went in a hutch outdoors so he now has a HUGE dog crate for when we arent around.
    If he does something wrong he gets 3 strikes of being told NO and if he still carries on he gets time out in the cage for an hour. He doesnt like being in there when he knows we are in the next room as he likes our company! x

14. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

this is what i have to do with Miffy if she starting eating things

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice