Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Grrrr

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by cgroome, Mar 31, 2011.

1. cgroome

cgroome PetForums Junior

I have seen two posts in as many days on my local freecycle looking for rabbit hutches/runs because "I am getting my child an "Easter" bunny".... In one case the child was 3 years old!

I want to email them back and say "DON'T DO IT!" because if they're getting a rabbit for a small child you just know the bun is going to end up in a rescue when they decide they're bored of it...

Grrr.

2. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

Yup I know is so annoying!!!!!!!! Can't believe it!! xx

3. Sarah+Hammies

Sarah+Hammies PetForums VIP

I have had enough of freecycle now! There is an endless list of poor bunnies being given away this list doesnt go down during the year, its constant, and also on the ads section there are "breeders" obviously BYB's!! selling bunnies as an "excellent easter present for the kids" :eek: :mad: Its the same people year after year! :mad: :mad: :mad: I send them emails constantly but nothing changes :mad: :(

4. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

I find these adverts just as frustrating I even had 1 guy saying he wanted a guinea pig to live with his hare. He then went on to say a hare was a rabbit if I knew anything about rabbits.

I have found the best thing to do is to politely send them some info, like the RWAF or rabbit rehome letting them know how long they can live. "hey I noticed your thinking of getting some rabbits, just thought u might like some links to websites I've found really helpful" ....note the plural...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice