Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

grrreat wall

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by manic rose, Apr 18, 2011.

1. manic rose

manic rose PetForums VIP

Would love to get a product like these

http://shop.grrreatwall.com

but bet the shipping to the UK would be ridiculously high. would allow my rats especially to have more time out of their cage as could set it up in any room without having to worry too much about if the whole room was rat proof. have tried wire pens before with gerbils and hamsters and they soon managed to escape either by climbing out or squeezing between gaps where wires had bent or broke. theres some wire runs in the pets shops around here but the gaps between the wires are huge - the boys would just walk straight out! has anyone got any runs they would recommend?

2. Wow, they look great! o:

I haven't really got any advice, sorry. I own a Rodent Playpen from P@H - but the Gerbils always need to be supervised in it, as they easily climb up the bars.

3. manic rose

manic rose PetForums VIP

yea was the same with mine. soon gave up using it as spent more time trying to put them back in it than they spent inside it! clever little critters. have seen somewhere about taping cardboard boxes together for a similar idea but seems pointless - they would soon chew through surely?!

4. ceretrea

ceretrea PetForums Senior

I use the hallway and/or my bed. I used to have an animal playpen made of Correx. It became cumbersome to use, and the rats could jump the 2 foot so we gave up lol

5. miniloo

miniloo PetForums Senior

i know this sounds really simple but it looks like a paddling pool the ones where you fill them with water to hold out the sides, if you were to put some poles attached in places around a paddling pool like this would it not have the same effect and they are not that exspencive. you can tell me i'm nuts if you like but its what i would use iff i needed one, :blink:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/ANIMAL-FUN-...f=sr_1_5?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1303153911&sr=1-5

this is the sort i mean.

#5 miniloo, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  6. manic rose

manic rose PetForums VIP

oooh something like that hadnt even crossed my mind, does look very similar. thanks :001_smile:

7. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

They're only 2' tall and I don't know about other peoples rats, but my girls would be out of there in seconds. You can make a play pen out of correx. You just tape it together using duct tape, and leave a small gap between each piece to act like a hinge so it can be packed away when not in use.

8. manic rose

manic rose PetForums VIP

mine arent big ones for jumping (yet) but are able to climb up things so easy. they have discovered they can climb the laundry basket when I let them free range and they were exploring the moutain of laundry last night :lol: must have seemed like everest to them! :lol: will have a look at this correx stuff....

9. ceretrea

As said my boys jumped out of the correx one :rolleyes:

10. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

But you can get different heights. I've seen 3'X2' sheets of correx which would be good for making playpens for rats that can jump more then 2' :)

11. manic rose

manic rose PetForums VIP

wheres the best place to get correx from?

12. ceretrea

13. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

Probably ebay. You can get a pack of 10 3'x2' sheets for £20.

link

14. manic rose

manic rose PetForums VIP

thanks for the links :) shopping time!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice