Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Grrr why do people blame dogs when its their fault!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GoldenShadow, Apr 22, 2011.

1. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Made a cake this morning, spent ages getting the mix right with enough air in it, was checking on it every 2 mins through the oven door. Took it out the oven, put a whole jar of jam on it (it *was* a big cake) and had left both bits on the cooling rack. Everytime I went in and out I shut the stairgate so the dogs wouldn't go near it.

Well in the space of 30 seconds Mum goes in and out without shutting the gate and the dogs ate half of it :eek: :nono: :cryin: :(

I know Rupert wouldn't do it if it was just him so I reckon Milo went for it and Rupert joined in (he got a telling off for licking icing a few weeks ago and has been on his best behaviour since :rolleyes:). So bloody cross though spent ages in the kitchen this morning, loads of money on expensive jam and got a huge glass bowl of whipped cream in the fridge and nothing to do with it now.

Just :mad: why couldn't she shut the stairgate!! And she has the audacity to blame Rupert when its her dog sat there with jam all over his face and her who left the stairgate open :rolleyes:

2. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

People are quick to blame anyone when things are actually, so often, of their own making ;)

What a shame about your cake though, could you not just make a quickie sponge up to use cream and jam?

3. metame

metame PetForums VIP

or just sit and eat the cream :eek:

4. GoldenShadow

I'm too lazy to want to do it again :cryin:

The sponge cake with the jam on got knocked on the floor and I've not got any other jam except weightwatchers seeded stuff, its not a full jar either. I bought that Bon Maman conserve stuff at something like £2.60 which is what was on the cake. I'm quite fussy with jam and if I make another cake and its a little dry or a little crusty or a little sunken I'll just get really cross. It was probably the best cake I'd ever done sod's law no one got to scoff any bar the dogs :rolleyes:

Haha you should see how much cream there is, I don't think anyone could make it through this much :scared:

5. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

Its nature to blame someone or something else, especially if they cant answer back!

Never mind hun, you know I have some lovely strawberries in the fridge and no cream to go with them....so bring the cream round here and I will share my strawberries with you! :D

6. metame

metame PetForums VIP

uhh...
    i possibly could :eek:

7. GoldenShadow

:thumbup: Sounds like a good combination ;)

Nahhhh I imagine my heart would just stop half way through no one could do it :D

Been googling what to do with whipped cream and all I'm getting is naughty suggestions :rolleyes:

8. metame

metame PetForums VIP

lol! i would love to try now :p
    and i seriously probably could... im sickening like that :eek:

9. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

Oh my word, a few wes ago, the M&S advert for the tart thing came on the telly and it made me really fancy some butter icing!!! So made some up, ate it and my god dont think my baby agrred with me!! Was sick, had major cramping and funny belly!! NEVER do that again! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice