Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Grrr Some people make me mad !!!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Maistaff, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Maistaff

Maistaff PetForums Senior

Some lovely kind person in our village has reported us for running a cattery :eek:

I can only think the fact we have a huge cattery for our own cats which takes up a little over half our garden with huge areas for our cats to run and play in also providing them access to heated sheds where they have food, water and warm cosy beds 24/7 that we are not cat lovers but infact a cattery boarding cats for a living :confused:

So the council is sending out Animal welfare and a representative from the council to ensure we do not run a boarding cattery and that our animals are all very well looked after and have adequate conditions. IMO they are kept better than some peoples children !!

What do some people get out of complaining, it really gets me as i just don't understand the mentality of these people !

2. Jugsmalone

Jugsmalone PetForums VIP

They could be jealous, thinking you are making a buck or two. Obviously you are not running a cattery.

Some people just can’t keep their noses out unfortunately. :mad2:

I agree with you, by the sound of your cat's living conditions they live better than some people/children do.

Obviously, you know you have nothing to worry about when the animal welfare and council come around, but it's a pain.

Hopefully this will the be the last you hear of the matter.

3. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

I wouldnt bother about it hun ... just proudly show off what you have done for your cats :)

leave the jealous person to their own misery

4. EllesBelles

EllesBelles PetForums Senior

The up-side is that your council takes animal welfare seriously.

The downside is that jealous people can cause a huge amount of stress and anguish - I'm sorry that someone has felt the need to report you. Maybe they are thinking of opening a cattery, and don't want the competition?

5. Space Chick

Space Chick PetForums VIP

Why can't people keep their noses out of what doesn't concern them :mad:

6. Maistaff

Mum and i really don't mind anyone coming to see our cats, they are all very well cared for having all their needs catered for. As our cat run is still quite new we are stil gathering things to put in the huge grass areas for them to play on, so in Sunday gone i spent an hour at a yard getting tree trunks and all sorts of tree off cuts so that they will have plenty of safe things to climb, sit on and claw at - fingers cross they arrive this week.

I just don't understand why this person couldn't just have knocked on the door, we have nothing to hide and had they asked us we could have told them that we show cats and that all the cats belong to us and no one but us :D

I will let you all know what happens on Tuesday

7. dagny0823

dagny0823 PetForums VIP

Some people are just cowardly and mean spirited and need to get a life. Good luck--I'm sure you'll do fine with the Animal Welfare people. Sounds like they should and will be impressed.

8. Shadow And Lightning

Shadow And Lightning PetForums VIP

this reminds me of the time people rang the authorities on my sister saying she had a really viscious pitbull aka nala the dopey boxer cross who thinks shes a cat ;)
    then when she got kai, her little staffy, the same thing.
    They also said the dogs attack the cat
    they dont attack it, they do however take turns in grooming him and then the cat chases the dogs around, quite funny really
    but anyway,some people are like that, wudnt worry about it, they'll soon shut up when the council says nothing is wrong :)

9. Paganman

Paganman PetForums Senior

Can it be seen on Google earth?

Maybe no one said anything, its the council scanning the area to see if they can extract some more ratable £££ out of people.

10. Jiskefet

Jiskefet Slave to the Hairy Hikers

A friend of mine has a number of cats of his own and takes in strays for a rescue, to be socialized and rehomed, or if they are too wild, get neutered and released back where they were caught.
    One night, burglars smashed in a window and tried to break in, and a few of the cats escaped.

One of the policemen who came to his house to report on the attempted burglay had the nerve to report him to the RSPCA as a cat hoarder, because, according to him, the house stank of urine. Which is not so surprising if you know the litter trays are usually cleaned around the time they came in, all the cats were stressed out by the burglary and had been peeing in the house due to stress, and he had a number of crates with newly caught ferals....

#10 Jiskefet, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  11. Philski

Philski PetForums Senior

Just to play devil's advocate for a moment, it might be that the person who reported you is an animal lover who doesn't know you, and might have been worried about a BYB operation? That obviously isn't the case, but they might have been worried and didn't want to get into a confrontation situation by knocking on your door...

12. Maistaff

This is a very good point and one i hadn't thought about but as i know we are not BYB then i can smile about this :D However i guess there are many people out there that are and if this was the case the person may have had the cats best intrests at heart

13. Alaskacat

Alaskacat PetForums Senior

You have a fab website, might be worth leafletting your village and putting an advert in the shop so people can look on the website and be reassured at how well your cats look and how responsible you are - health testing etc.

I suppose on the plus side once you've been inspected you'll be able to add "council approved" to your website.

You have some really lovely cats. Hope all goes well on Tuesday, but no doubt at all it will all be fine.

:)

14. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

They are probably thinking that they are losing out on licence money etc. I used to live near someone who complained to the council about absolutely everything, from commercial vans parked in people's driveways, to an overhanging tree which would only affect a giant walking past.

Poor sods have nothing better to do with their time.

15. Cazzer

Cazzer PetForums VIP

I am sure all it will be well. Just to let you know you are not the only one this happens to [and that it could be worse!]. Not far from where I live there is a registered kennels in a lovely big old detached house in the country. Apparently they've been raided by police on several occasions following complaints that a brothel was operating from their premises! {Prior to the kennels the previous owner ran a very high class establishment from there :D}

16. anotheruser

anotheruser PetForums Senior

Maybe it DOES concern them?
    I am sure the OP does treat their cats better than people treat their kids, but there is always two sides to every coin.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice