UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now wouldn't you, if you saw someone trying to get their dog out of your way and holding onto it's collar, keep your dog back?
Apparently it's not important to the idiot I've just met, even though his dog circles others barking aggressively because that is all it does (it doesn't bite) :rolleyes:
Yeh Yeh, how does Alfie know that while he's trying to turn on his bad leg so that the ****** dog doesn't sneak up behind him.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Now wouldn't you, if you saw someone trying to get their dog out of your way and holding onto it's collar, keep your dog back?
Apparently it's not important to the idiot I've just met, even though his dog circles others barking aggressively because that is all it does (it doesn't bite) :rolleyes:
Yeh Yeh, how does Alfie know that while he's trying to turn on his bad leg so that the ****** dog doesn't sneak up behind him.

An example of the ignoramoses (sp) in life Rona.

Makes you so mad :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hope Alfie is ok.:)

·
Banned
8,756 Posts
:mad: what an idiot...

if i saw someone holding their dog back i'd keep mine away.

did you have a friendly word with him :D

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Been there only too often Rona, I can only sympathize; I would threaten to make him liable for the vet bills that may follow from alfie's potential recovery set back him being in control and his dog out of control, the law is only too clear in that regards.

Hugs to you! Hate it when that happens...

·
Registered
27,670 Posts
Stupid man, dont he care or what.? I would certainly be holding my dog back if I saw someone holding theirs by the collar, they are holding it for a reason. Hope Alfie is ok., poor thing...he goes on a lovely walk and gets interupted by a dippy dog and an Ars...hole of an owner.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I told him that Alfie had had an operation and that is when he told me that the dog only makes a noise :rolleyes:
Woopy doo :mad:
Just hope he thinks about it incase we bump into him again.
On the other hand we bumped into another dog which usually comes to see Alf and that chap realised straight away that there was something wrong and kept his close :)
Alfie is fine :)

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts
Idiot man :mad:
Glad Alfie is OK - must of been very stressfulfor the both of you.

Well done to the 2nd owner for realising - good to know there are good dog owners out there ;)

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
There was a man at the dog park yesterday with a very very VERY bouncy 40kg hunting dog that decided to run to us and roll Bella around before there was anything I could do. Bella was clearly distressed as she was seeking refuge between my legs. I knew picking her up would only make the dog jump up (as happened a few minutes later with another small dog who was "attacked" by 40 kg of bouncy mouthy dog). SO I grabbed the dog by her collar to allow Bella to get away, and waited while the owner very gradually made his way towards me to collect his dog, who he let loose again in half a minute.
This has actually put me off so much I'm not going to the dog park today, will drive and do another walk.

I don't know what to say Rona. I'm all for off lead, I really am, but there are limits. When you can't control your dog, when the area you have let your dog off lead in isnt safe, or when your dog is bothering/endangering other people and their dogs, you should not have your dog off lead.

Glad to hear Alfie is ok though:)

·
Registered
7,907 Posts

This is a major pet hate of mine. When we are out walking and we see a dog I call mine back and grab their collars until they have gone out of sight again, purely out of courtesy. Mine wouldn't intentionally hurt anything, but I have respect for their size and I appreciate that they can frighten young/ small dogs and people. It wouldn't take much for my big lad to accidently kill a small pug etc.

I also know what its like walking a dog with an injury when you have to keep them calm.

I hate it when a strange dog comes running up to you and you can here the owners in the distance shouting its ok he's friendly.... I couldn't give a rats ass if he's "friendly" when he's jumping up at me trying to run round my dogs to smell their bums or stood at a distance barking at my dogs and winding them up. Yet if my dogs laid into him, I would be considered the bad person whether it was my fault or not.

·
Registered
23,227 Posts
Some people are just born inconsiderate.:mad:
Just today my lot were bullied by a GSD. Not even in the park, we were coming out and it was hanging round some garages (the owner was more interested in his car and didnt care his dog was out of control near a road!). It rushed us and started being very dominant causing Adam to growl and me to tell it off and shove it away.
Still no interest from owner and when I left it had moved to the entrance to the park. Imagine if you were scared of dogs? now a bloomin great GSD is blocking your exit..:mad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.