Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Grr... some kids really get on my nerves.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by EmzieAngel, Aug 5, 2009.

1. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

I just took Bailey for a walk.
    I started walking down this road, and two kids come along towards me, on the other side of the road and they start throwing something at a passing car.

I knew they were gonna throw whatever it was at me, so I walked past, then looked round and saw the kid about to throw it.
    I raged, I told them that they ought to learn to stop being so immature.
    So they started calling me names, such as fat pig, fatty etc...

Then I said that if they throw anything and it hits/harms my dog they have another thing coming.

But grrr it makes me so angry, whatever they were throwing, I don't think it was harmful, but I know what kids are like, it could have been stones or something.
    x

2. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

The kids by me are the same. They have a habit of barking at my dogs which makes my dogs bark. Winds me up a treat!!!

3. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Yeah some kid threw something at me the other day when I went to the shop, and laughed at me. Unfortunately a passing bird pooped on his shoulder so I laughed back. Hehehe

x

4. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Thats all it takes sometimes to turn dogs against kids then if they get bitten by a dog its the dog and owner to blame. I hate it when kids dont or wont treat dogs right after all they are out future dog owners. . . . . worrying.:mad:

5. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

I had some kids throwin stones at me and my sisters once.. stupidly right outside some of their houses (i knew where they all lived anyway).. so i walked to both doors and rang the door bells, went back to the pavement and waited for the parents to answer the door. They kept well clear from me then.. i was only ~5 years older than them at the time.

Weirdly enough, it's adults we have the problems with, all of the kids (while a bit young to cause proper hassle) in our street have been well trained to stay out the way of any cars if they are playing out and anyone comes home and not to go near the cars (incase they scratch them etc).

Other local kids are pretty polite and have manners.. it's adults that are mannerless and need a kicking.

6. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

:laugh: :laugh: omg I wish i'd been there!! hahah if that's not karma at it's best, I don't know what is!

I think all kids everywhere are the same, but their parents probably wouldn't have any of it, their little billy or sarah would never do anything like that! :rolleyes:

.....I'm not a kids person :rolleyes: but the OH loves em so god knows what's gonna happen if we ever get to that stage LOL

7. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

We can be total twats sometimes, can't we? I'm not the type to throw stuff etc though ;)

8. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

Lol, these kids were younger than you I'm sure.
    x

9. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

Kids were doing this the other day when I drove by them. They were laughing and I thought 'no way am I letting them throw something at a brand new car..' so I tooted the horn at them and I got the fingers etc :rolleyes: They tried to throw a stone but missed thankfully.. Must have been 8 at the most :mad:

10. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

I love children, have children, work with children and have been a child:D but i can never remember doing the things kids do today and thats because i didnt, we wer'nt allowed and neither would mine have been allowed to either(grown up now), parenting has changed so much, i come across lots of parents that are of the opinion that children should be able to "express themselves", well if thats not an excuse for letting kids do exactly what they want, it can be dressed up how they like but they still need to have boundries. What sort of adults are they going to grow up into.

11. CreativeLC

CreativeLC PetForums VIP

These kids need someone to tell them off as there parents won't do it.
    If anyone does anyhting to me or my pets i give them what for, they shouldn't be allowed to piss around with everyone.

12. exchangeandmart

exchangeandmart PetForums Junior

I'm going to stick up for kids and say it's not all kids but there are some that have no respect and it's horrible if you have to deal with that, some kids have too much time on their hands.

13. kidsandcats

kidsandcats PetForums Member

I have kids and love kids but not kids with no respect!
    I have two children that are little angels and everyone tells me so but that's because I discipline them. I have friends who tell me I am very strict with mine. One of them has a child that she tells off in a softly softly voice and lets karate kick at her and run off sticking his tounge out at her. I told her that if my child did that to me it would be the first time and the last time!!

My children are scared to do things wrong as they know what they get, punishment!! I may come across as a horrible mother now but we are a very loving family, I don't have to punish my children much at all as they have learnt to be good. Mothers of their friends always say what a delight they are to have round to tea, and what lovely manners they have. Don't get me wrong, they are naughty sometimes but not big time and they wouldn't dream of throwing things at people. They are more likely to tell children off for doing this to people. I just hope that they stay this way, don't get in with the wrong crowd or get bullied at school for being 'different'. I am proud of my children and hope that they will grow into respectful adults too! We all know there are plenty of problem adults out there too!
    Sharon
    x

MySugar likes this.
  14. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

I don't think you're a horrible mother. I think it's lovely that your children have manners.
    The way my mum brought me up, I always knew to have respect for others, especially my elders and have manners. It would be really nice for other kids to do the same.
    I know some adults can be the same, luckily round here there aren't many like that.
    x

15. flynnsmum

flynnsmum PetForums Member

Karma is such a nice thing.

16. Cassies-mum

Cassies-mum PetForums VIP

but im a kid and im lovely
    :rolleyes:

but some people round here are like that... they gave up on me though because i:
    ignore it
    and once a stone they threw hit cassies back end i went mental went home and got the baseball bat and chased em down the road with it - in all seriosness.

oh by the way - im rather protective over my dog :)

17. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Never said you weren't :rolleyes:

It's screaming screeching little kids I have a problem with.... i'm only 19 so it's not so long since I was your age ;)

18. sammyben

sammyben Guest

Exactly! The language that comes out of some of the kids mouths around here is shocking. If that had been me when I was younger I prob wouldnt have been able to sit down for a year!! ;)

My kids are getting to the stage where they are impressionable (4 & almost 6) but they know what they are allowed/not allowed to do and what would happen if they done anything like some of the kids these days.

x

19. Nicci

Nicci Guest

I made the unfortunate mistake of letting Jessica go round one of her friends houses a couple of weeks ago (Jess is now grounded for the whole school holiday for what she did with her friend)

Jessica's friend decided it would be fun to start throwing rubbish over her nextdoor nieghbours garden out of her own back garden, Jess joined in, neighbour went round screaming at the kids (which I didn't blame him one bit) Jess came running back home as someone had shouted at her, when I asked her what for she told me what she had been doing, so I made Hubby go round with her to make sure all the rubbish they'd both been throwing over was cleared up, Jess wasn't a happy bunny - but in my eyes she knew what she was doing, knew it was wrong and knew that she should have known better obviously she didn't realise that I'd get hubby to march her round to clear her and her mates mess up, because of what she did, she's also now grounded for the whole of the holidays - harsh, maybe so but I hope it's taught her a lesson not to be so disrespectful to other people and their private space :)

20. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

Kids are shocking sometimes. I have some who live a few doors down from me. There are 6 of them ranging from newborn to 7. They are almost feral! Their parents are a disgrace. They call their Dad Gary for crying out loud! They are clearly not taught right from wrong.
    I called the police on one of them a couple of weeks ago, their 6 year old son posted flowers, rubbish and attempted to post DOG POO ON STICKS through my letter box! It was vile and I cannot believe a 6 yr old child would think to do such a thing. Since the police spoke to them they have not bothered us so far. They are a nuisance to many neighbours, imagine how bad they will be as teens, terrifying!

My son is 7 on the 15th of this month and he is kind, caring, has impeccible manners, knows right from wrong and is well behaved...because I raised him this way.

It terrifies me to my very core that kids get away with doing what they do. Bring back the cane I say!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice