Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

grizzly salmon oil

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by tasha15, May 31, 2010.

1. tasha15

tasha15 PetForums Member

hi i am currently giving bonnie yumega she has been on this for about 2 1/2 months now and havent really noticed a hudge difference i was going to get the grizzly salmon oil in the first place but couldnt find it i have found some now do you think it is better anyone had any experience with it thanks for any input

2. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

Haven't had any experience...but didn't want to read then run without saying anything!!

I'm sure someone will be along to help you soon xx

3. JessiesGirl

JessiesGirl PetForums Senior

Which product is best probably depends on why you want to use it in the first place.

I do happen to use Grizzly Salmon Oil. We've been using it for about a year. Very happy with it. Jessie LOVES it! :thumbup:

We started it because there is no usable Omega 3 in processed kibble (the heat and oxidation in the processing of kibble destroys it ) and as a general anti-inflammatory because my dog has a joint issue. Even though we didn't start it for coat/skin issues, she did get even shinier than she was before! :lol:

I've never tried Yumega though so can't compare them for you. Is it also meant to be an Omega supplement?

ETA: Ok, I looked up Yumega. Apparently it's all plant-based? That's not a good way to get Omega 3's into a dog, unfortunately. They can't make the conversion from the plant-based types into the types they need, so it isn't any help to a dog. :( Dogs need animal based Omega 3's, which usually means a fish oil.

Here's one link explaining the Omega acids in dogs: http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+1662&aid=666

#3 JessiesGirl, May 31, 2010
    Last edited: May 31, 2010
  4. tasha15

tasha15 PetForums Member

yes i wanted it for her skin and coat and overall health benefits so i will be getting the grizzly this week instead of the yumega thanks for the help

5. 2Hounds

2Hounds PetForums VIP

A lot of american greyhound owners on another forum i go on rave about Grizzly Salmon oil, but i couldn't see a supplier for that so have used Kronch and Fish4dogs version in the past which the dogs liked and could see a change in their coats skin much better and shinier in just a few weeks. Where is selling the Grizzly oil btw?

6. tasha15

tasha15 PetForums Member

Buo Oil they sell it here but on ebay you can get a 500ml bottle for just 12.95 2.95p&p so it isnt bad i cant wait to order it couldnt find it here before!!

7. woowoo

woowoo PetForums Junior

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice