Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Grieving dog

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Emi_silvaz, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Emi_silvaz

Emi_silvaz PetForums Newbie

Hi all, I hope you're all having a good day.
    I've had 2 siblings dogs for 15 years, male and female, dove and pilot, respectively.
    They are old, they have almost no teeth, but besides that, they still loved running in the park together. They are hunting dogs so my dad took them hunting together since they were babies. They were always together.
    4 days ago, dove dug a hole I'm the fence (God knows why, they never did that) and ran away. For 2 days we seachese and we never found them. Pilot returned without Dove, which we find odd, being that they never leave each other behind. Pilot returned extremely skinny - he eats a lot - we set him loose and followed him since no sign of Dove, and came to find her dead, in the woods. She might have passed of "natural causes" we don't see any visible injuries. Pilot was probably with her the whole time. Here's what breaks my heart the most - pilot cries for hours. He screams until his throat is giving out and we can do nothing to comfort him... I've tried talking to him, giving him a blanket, a toy, but nothing works to sooth his aching heart. His cries are so painful to listen to, you can feel his pain, for loosing his sister...
    Does anyone have an tips for grivieng dogs? I don't know what else to do...

PastorRichardDavidson likes this.
  2. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Just seen this.......I'm sorry I have no advise for you but I couldn't just read and run after reading sure a heartbreaking story, but by now hopefully Pilot is coming to terms with his loss, if not have you spoken to your vet for advise.

I'm so sorry for your loss, look after yourself and my thoughts are with you at this very sad time.

Just a thought, re-post this on Dog Chat someone on there may be able to give you some advise.

#2 Happy Paws2, Jul 26, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice