UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, just wondering what are the chances of a german shepard having hip score results of 0.0? is it common for the breed to have that score? just been nosey realy as someone on another site is selling non kc reg pups saying although mum isnt kc or health tested that dad is kc and has a 0.0 score (shes not giving dads kc reg out though so cant check), i would have thought with someone with such a good tested dog wouldnt have put to a non registered bitch

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
This document gives you all the breed averages, 5 year rolling averages and breed median

http://www.bva.co.uk/public/documents/Breed_Specific_Statistics_2012.pdf

I am fortunate to have a database for my own breed and have analysed them in various ways - the mode scores to me are interesting and they've remained pretty much static between 8 and 10 since records starting being maintained (this is the score which the maximum number of dogs in a 12 month period),

As with many other breeds, the range in GSDs runs through the whole spectrum of 0 to 106.

What I fail to understand is why a breeder won't health-test - then breed an unregistered bitch using a very low scoring dog - do they think it makes things look "better"?

Similarly - why has the dog been allowed to cover the bitch :(

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
friend of mine had scoring come back as 0-0 on couple of her dogs over the years.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Puppies are more than just their dads, I would want both parents (and and grandparents) to have good health test results. I would buy from someone you don't trust 100% to begin with. Just because a dog has 0:0 hips, doesn't mean the pups will have 0:0 hips, you want a generally health pedigree.

I wouldn't consider a dog from this breeding, but if you do make sure you get proof of any health tests, people lie!

How about talking to some of the german shepherd clubs? Or looking on champdogs?

·
Registered
15,185 Posts
Don't touch any pups from breeding stock if

Sire and Dam have not been hip scored and is under the BMS of 19 (preferably single figures)
Sire and Dam have not been elbow scored with a score of 0
Temperament is not sound.

·
Registered
657 Posts
my male is 0:0

On average there are about 5 a year scored with this result - although I cant see any reputable stud dog owner putting their dog with an unregistered not health tested bitch

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.