Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Greetings from Germany

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by tigger481971, Jul 8, 2009.

1. tigger481971

tigger481971 PetForums Newbie

Hi everybody,

I think it’s time to introduce myself. I and my 3 cats are living in Germany close to Dortmund.
    I’ve been living for two years in Beijing where I was finally adopted by Mimi. At first she was only the company cat. She was pregnant when she first came to us and Fluffy (my second one) is her daughter. As our company was closed during Chinese New Year for almost 7 days I decided to take both of them into my apartment not thinking about keeping them. At that time she was pregnant again. But after this week all 3 of us felt quite comfortable living together so we decided to keep this arrangement.
    After one month she came down with 3 lovely male kittens from which we kept Pips. When the time came for me to return back to Europe, there was no question of keeping them or leaving them in China, so I packed my little family and started a new life here in Germany.
    We are back now since 3 months and I have to confess that my little ones were able to adjust much quicker than I did to the new situation. :blushing:

I’ve registered here because my very best friend on earth (living in UK) decided to have a small kitten. She told me its 8 weeks old and from my experience this is still too young. I’m aware that a lot of kittens are getting separated from their mums that early, but from my point of view they are much more confident, healthy and socialized when they are older. When Mimi came down with Fluffy I’ve started reading a lot of books about cats and the general message there was that kittens should stay with their family 10 weeks at least. Best would be 12 weeks.
    Another thing is that my friend and her husband are both working full time, so I recommended taking 2 kittens, but she said she needs so see how it goes with one. I’m afraid that the smallish one will be so lonely that it starts peeing everywhere.

Maybe I’m too sensitive with this topic, so I was wondering how other people think about it.

2. ~Tete

~Tete PetForums Member

Hi and welcome to the forums :)

3. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

4. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

Hello and welcome to the forum

5. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

Hiya and welcome :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice