Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Green Thumb

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by vickie1985, Apr 2, 2011.

1. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

Ive just had them round to do a lawn analysis report!

i knew it was bad, but wow this is really bad concidering this lawn is only 7 years old! it must have been the worst turf ever!!
    £15.50 every 3 months to treat it.

heres the broadleaf weeds we have:
    Dandelion
    Clover
    Chickweed
    Plantains
    Thistle
    Dock
    Ragwort
    Mouse Ear
    Cranesbill

Here are the difficult Weeds:
    Speedwell
    Yarrow
    hes also made a note that the speedwell is persistant

Moss: Heavy
    Surface Thatch: Heavy
    Sub-Surface Thatch: Heavy
    Soil Type: Medium
    Compaction: Medium
    Drainage: Good

At least 1 thing is good hey! lol
    Hes also recommended that we have Hollow Tine Aeration done annually at £59.00 a pop!!

Anyone else use Green Thumb?

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy PetForums VIP

never heard of them

3. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Never heard of them before, would it be cheaper to take the turff off and re seed it all??? or relay new turff?? go to B&Q and buy some of that artificial tuff, hey presto NO WEEDS lolol;)

4. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

haha i aint returfing a rented property. I am however going to photocopy this report and send it to the landlords seems as this house belongs to a building company who usually sell houses they should be ashamed of themselves!

Green Thumb sre great, they come every 3 months and treat the lawn with seasonal sprays. my parents and sister have used them for a few years and there laws are perfect. now we have little legs i cant be having a lawn full of stinging nettles!

5. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Sounds like your landlord should be footing that bill, but at least you know little one will be ok playing on it and she wont come to any harm.xx

6. bigdaddy

bigdaddy PetForums VIP

maybe it just me but i wouldnt pay for some one to come and sort the lawn out seems a waste of money to me:confused:

im in rented and re tufed it last year

7. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

my dad used to do all of his lawn himself but hes too old to do it now.

i have a big lawn, no way am i paying to returf it. I tried to sort it myself last year when we moved here and it doesnt look much different coz nothing i put on the weeds is working. especially the stinging nettles and theres a lot of them.

ive wasted no end of money on weed killers and trying to dig stuff out but im just not winning. Time to get the tough guys in! 1 years treatment from them is cheaper than everything ive spent to try so far so i cant really grumble lol

Still going to try and get the landlords to foot the bill seems as its only 7 years old anyway

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice