Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Green Gerbil Poop.

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Chinquary, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Chinquary

Chinquary PetForums Senior

I was just handling Valek, who unlike Brom doesn't like being handled quite so much, and he pooped on me. It was a dark green and a bit more sticky than the normal poos he does (also smelt more). He seems to be fine, gnawing away on the wood and running around and their diet hasn't changed.

I did a quick google search and came back with very mixed results, so any help would be appreciated. =]

2. GerbilNik

GerbilNik PetForums Senior

You really need to get him to the vet asap. Sounds like a possible bacterial infection, but you have to be careful its not something worse like ecoli.
    Foul smelling poo in gerbils is really cause for concern. The vet will most likely give you antibiotics, but pleasse make sure they give you them to give orally, rather than in the water. Gerbils drink very little so if it is done this way it has little or no effect.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice