Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Green bottle blue for beginners?

Discussion in 'Spiders and Inverts' started by Queeran, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Queeran

Queeran PetForums Newbie

Recently I've been looking at getting my first tarantula. I've considered a lot of the basic options and it's clear to me that they're for beginners but I can fine very little on green bottle blues. I've had some sources say they're great for beginners and other say they're aggressive. Can any that keeps these perhaps give me some advice?
    Thanks.

2. Colette

Colette PetForums VIP

I have one called Esmeralda, I think she was my third T...

I'd say go for it. They are beautiful to look at and I wouldn't call them aggressive. A bit more active than your average Chile rose or Mexican red knee maybe. Mine has never given me a threat posture or flicked hairs. Be aware that handling is not recommended for any species.

They are pretty heavy webbers but even so not bad display Ts. I wouldn' be without one
    20180605_231601.jpg 20171016_220458.jpg

3. Colette

Colette PetForums VIP

That said my first T was a Mexican red knee (B hamorii) and she's brilliant. Always on display.
    20180414_140341.jpg

Attached Files:

4. Queeran

Queeran PetForums Newbie

Alright, thanks. I'm fine with going for either so I'll just see what the local pet shop has.

5. dingal2000

dingal2000 PetForums VIP

C. cyaneopubescens is a great tarantula. But can be very skittish. They are a wonderful tarantula to look at and to watch and make the most interest webs, the only sad thing with GBB is if you have a male they are very short lived.

Other great beginning tarantulas are most sp in the Brachypelma and Grammastola Genus. Or if you are more daring and want to go arboreal. A great beautiful tarantula will be the C. versicolor

Keep with new world tarantulas as a starter (just my advice) and tarantula from north central and South America,

Old world tarantulas are from other places around the globe, for example C. Lividum (cobalt blue) beautiful to look at, but will bite and ask questions when it feels like. And as nice as it looks. The P. metallica (gooty ornamental) same as any pokie can basically teleport , the can be at the bottom of their enclosure then appear on your hand at the blink of an eye.

So get yourself an old world until you are more experienced : WARNING TARANTULAS ARE ADDICTIVE: expect to have 20 in the first six months

6. dingal2000

dingal2000 PetForums VIP

My Charlie has just hooked out sadly, so on the hunt for a mate

Attached Files:

7. chromaKarl

chromaKarl PetForums Newbie

They are just perfect , at age of 16 I had my first spider and that was green bottle blue .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice