UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I've just figured out a way that works for our very crafty dog, Josie. Josie is on antibiotics at the moment for a urinary tract infection and she is a nightmare to give pills to, the only way that seems to work is the sticking them down the throat method which isn't very nice for either of us!

As we try to avoid dairy products with her (we suspect food allergies cause her seizures) we didn't want to go down the hiding it in cheese or yoghurt road. We happened to have some mushy peas in the freezer so I cooked up a batch and it's worked a charm! She absolutely loves them. I just crushed up the pills and mixed with a teaspoon full of the peas.

I think most supermarkets will have the "fresh" peas in the frozen food section (as opposed to the tinned ones).

This is probably discussed all the time but I thought I'd share in case anyone else has this problem and also so anyone else can post their "tricks" too. :)

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
My lad is great he eats the tablet on it's own then gets a treat :D Although this will proberly change over time. Good tip though, my mum has to put her dogs in a bit of jam on a rich tea :thumbup:

·
Banned
22,188 Posts
We have to apply the old fashioned method of the thumb in the back of the jaw to jack the mouth open and then when the head is at the right angle 'Bombs away!' Works every time. You just can't fool a Sarp! No matter how many ways you can find to disguise medication they just instinctively know you're tryin to poison them. :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.