Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Great holiday cottages - sticky?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by MollySmith, Sep 28, 2012.

1. fernlady

fernlady PetForums VIP

@MissSpitzMum check out East Ruston Cottages & Pack Holidays. Both Norfolk based, very dog friendly & close to beaches & walks.

kimthecat and MollySmith like this.
  2. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

Sorry didn’t get a notification for your post.

Yes we booked with Gail last year (Crincle Cottage) and have one booked with her for September this year (Heath Cottage) and April next year (Poets Corner).

Then we have White Cottage booked with Sue for June this year, September 2019 and April 2020 :)

fernlady and MollySmith like this.
  3. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

And I have FINALLY booked a holiday for this April, up in Yorkshire.

http://www.woodlandrivercottages.co.uk/woodland-barn/

http://www.woodlandrivercottages.co.uk/woodland-barn-gallery/

Looks lovely. The barn is separate away from the cottage and lodge on the same site, although they both look ok too, not quite as modern, but cheaper.

Anne the owner has 3 lurchers so seems very dog friendly, dogs allowed on sofas etc.

Will fully report back after our week away :)

Quite remote which I love :). Have circled the barn (with the boiler house) the other building to the right is the cottage and lodge together.

B8D39DEB-998B-4DA5-87C4-89F6056C7484.jpeg

fernlady, MollySmith and Jobeth like this.
  4. fernlady

fernlady PetForums VIP

Be sure to give us a review @Westie Mum, it looks lovely & not too far from where we're going in September x

5. S Howitt

S Howitt PetForums Newbie

I know I am not in the UK now but I have a lovely little holiday cottage in the Morvan Natural Park in Burgundy, fully fenced 2,000m2 garden, tiny dogs cannot get out either, two of my 4 dogs are miniscule, under 2kg, and another is an escaper, she has never managed it at the cottage, thought a climber and high jumper could !!!! The house has absolutely everything you could need ***, including WiFi (free), no close neighbours and is in a cul de sac so no through traffic. 245€ = £214 low season and 270€ = £236 in high season + electricity after the first 8 kw per day. = local taxes at 1€ pppd Copy (2) of Copy of L Reg 1280 x 960 x 240K.JPG

DaisyBluebell and kimthecat like this.
  6. fernlady

fernlady PetForums VIP

Just been looking at ERC (White Cottage) for my 50th in 2019 & it's already booked - then I realised it was you @Westie Mum!

DaisyBluebell likes this.
  7. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

Is there another week before or after available ? I don’t mind changing dates to free up the week for you .... not sure who, but someone keeps booking my birthday week at white cottage, soooooo annoying! I’ve got it booked for 2020 though lol

fernlady likes this.
  8. fernlady

fernlady PetForums VIP

@Westie Mum thank you for your kind offer but don't be silly! We'll just try one of the others (although I quite fancy Poets again)! X

9. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

Sorry I never seen your reply!

Well the offers still there if you can’t find anything x

fernlady likes this.
  10. fernlady

fernlady PetForums VIP

Thank you x

11. Maxine67

Maxine67 PetForums Member

Has anyone stayed at Helvellyn Cottages, Glenridding in the Lakes? Just booked a 4 night stay in August - so excited, it's the first break I've had with just me and the kids (teenagers) and, of course, Nikkai! Always had either ex husband or my mum with us in the past, so will be nice to just have some family time :)

12. DaisyBluebell

DaisyBluebell Earth, the insane asylum of the Universe

did westie mum do a review on her stay as I was wanting to know about her holiday here. We did our first stay in a cottage this May & loved it so much came home and rebooked it for next May ! The Meiklior Estate next to the Scone palace estate just outside Perth Scotland not Australia I will add a little review a bit later as off out now.

#472 DaisyBluebell, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 24, 2018
  13. Gareth Fox

Gareth Fox PetForums Newbie

This is my first time posting so hi all.

This is not a cottage but it's an amazing BnB I stayed at when I went to the Orkneys and wanted to share it with you all.

The owners are really friendly and they have 2 dogs of their own.

OK it appears I can't share a link to the relevant page.

14. DoggyWoofWoof

DoggyWoofWoof PetForums Newbie

Is there a list around of all these places? I'd love to look and see what's available

15. Gareth Fox

Gareth Fox PetForums Newbie

I just booked mine through a website called 'Holiday Lettings.'

Has lots on it and then once I've found and booked a place I use 'The Canine Directory' to see what's in the area that's dog friendly.

Walks, Vets and Pet Shops and things. It has cottages on it but not a massive selection.

Hope this helps.

16. DaisyBluebell

That's really interesting, thanks for posting.
    I'm not clever enough to do it but it would be really good if places in the thread could be put into area's somehow.

17. Jennie Robson

Jennie Robson PetForums Newbie

I have a holiday cottage (not here to advertise!) but would always recommend booking direct rather than using a big company such as Holiday Lettings - they add on a stonking commission. There are lots of great facebook pages nowadays such as Dog Friendly Holiday Accommodation.

- After only ever having rescue dogs am now expecting a gorgeous collie pup in 4 weeks time - eeekk

18. DaisyBluebell

Oooh a new puppy - you do realise on here its obligatory to post pictures of new puppies don't You!

Jennie Robson likes this.
  19. Jennie Robson

Jennie Robson PetForums Newbie

I'm taking the children for a visit tomorrow - I shall be taking plenty of pics then. I've always had dogs but never a puppy so am busy reading everything I can - it's very exciting

20. DaisyBluebell

Like you I have always had rescues from around 6 months old, boy was it an eye opener getting a puppy! Had it not been for my OH & this forum I would have given her back to the breeder within the first month! My poor hands arms legs & feet looked like I was self harming for months, she didn't stop, hardly ever slept & was on the go all the time - good luck!
    The sticky Puppy Support thread is invaluable for help & advice especially if the 'what the he'll have I done' tears kick in!

#480 DaisyBluebell, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice