Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Great holiday cottages - sticky?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by MollySmith, Sep 28, 2012.

1. fernlady

fernlady PetForums VIP

2. Jobeth

Jobeth PetForums VIP

https://www.homeaway.co.uk/p6782692
    This is in the Peak District. The garden shown isn’t secure but the small yard at the back is. It says 4 bedrooms but only 3 were really usable. The best part was how quiet it was - one side is the graveyard to the church! Opposite is the pub carpark but I stayed over the 5th of November and didn’t hear anything. I didn’t like the turning on to the main road from the village. It was really difficult turning right. I wouldn’t book if there is any chance of snow as you’ll be cut off. There are loads of dog friendly activities close by.

3. spamvicious

spamvicious PetForums Senior

4. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

I still cant find anything remote and secluded for April :( Our usual other go-to is a lovely Boathouse on a very quiet lake. Even that's booked up *sigh*

Spent last night looking for places overlooking lakes or the sea but not finding much :(

5. Moobli

Moobli PetForums VIP

What sort of area of the country are you looking for?

6. spamvicious

spamvicious PetForums Senior

I was going to ask this. I found a lovely place in Filey that is literally opposite the beach but its a terraced house nothing remote.

Westie Mum likes this.
  7. Jobeth

Jobeth PetForums VIP

When in April as it is half term so it makes it a lot harder.

I’ve not been yet (hoping the road to it isn’t too bad) but this has availability after half term.

https://www.sykescottages.co.uk/cottage/Yorkshire-Dales-North-Whaw/Barforth-Hall-Lodge-919938.html

I also saw this for summer but it was too remote. Again it is available later on in April.

https://www.holidaycottages.co.uk/heart-of-england/herefordshire/the-parks-cottage--presteigne

Westie Mum likes this.
  8. Moobli

Moobli PetForums VIP

I might be able to offer some suggestions for more remote cottages, but need an idea of where you wish to visit and also your budget.

Westie Mum likes this.
  9. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

Ideally Saturday 14th, give or take a a day or two.

I’ll take a look at those, thank you :)

Area - anywhere really. We are in the midlands so anything within about 3 ish hours really. I don’t drive, OH does but he drives all over the country with his job so we try to limit too much driving when he’s not working.

Budget - anything up to about £1000 ish

And not too many sheep. Oscar doesnt like them. Well no, given the chance he probably likes them too much :Wideyed

fernlady likes this.
  10. Moobli

Moobli PetForums VIP

Scotland too far then?

11. fernlady

fernlady PetForums VIP

@Westie Mum we stayed here
    https://www.cottage-holiday-wales.co.uk/orchard-barn-eardisley a few years ago. It was lovely but not near the sea. We also had a 5 night break here last July
    https://www.cottage-holiday-wales.co.uk/sett-converted-barn-studio-holiday-let
    It's a beautiful studio but again, not near the sea.

Have a look at Blaentrothy Cottages & their sister sites (links at the bottom of their page). They have several properties that are dog friendly & a lot of them are unusual/quirky x

12. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

Afraid so :( takes us about 8 hours to get to Glasgow from here, traffic is always horrendous (my step children used to live in Glasgow)

Thank you :) will add to my list to look at !

13. forfar

forfar PetForums Junior

I hope you don’t mind me jumping in, but I am interested in remote cottages in Scotland for January 2019. It would be for a couple and two labradors. Price I usually limit us to is £400 for this time of year.

Any help be much appreciated.

fernlady likes this.
  14. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

@Westie Mum have you heard of Pack Holidays (the owner also owns one of the East Ruston Cottages, her name is Gail and she's lovely). I wouldn't recommend Daisy Cottage as Palling can get busy but Hickling is quiet and the area is sheep free.

Also try http://www.eastrustoncottages.co.uk/availability.php from the list Mid Thatch is also in Palling but the lane it's in is quiet and it has views over the fields not the main street to the beach. I've driven past Corner Cottage and it's very quiet there and free 14th April.

15. Kim Watcham

Kim Watcham KIM N ARCHIE

THROWBACK ON SOME HOLIDAY PHOTOES ....POLESWORTH THE ABBEY GATEHOUSE 056.JPG 080.JPG 082.JPG

fernlady likes this.
  16. Kim Watcham

Kim Watcham KIM N ARCHIE

THE HEIGHTS OF ABRAHAM...... 108.JPG 131.JPG

Attached Files:

• 153.JPG
      153.JPG
      File size:
      212.7 KB
      Views:
    fernlady likes this.
  17. Kim Watcham

Kim Watcham KIM N ARCHIE

ILFRACOMBE ...ALL DOG FRIENDLY HOLIDAYS WE GO ON..... 185.JPG 251.JPG

Attached Files:

• 243.JPG
      243.JPG
      File size:
      180.7 KB
      Views:
    fernlady likes this.
  18. Kim Watcham

Kim Watcham KIM N ARCHIE

CLOVELLY ..... 324.JPG 326.JPG 334.JPG

fernlady likes this.
  19. Kim Watcham

Kim Watcham KIM N ARCHIE

KENT .....HEVER CASTLE.... SAM_0795.JPG SAM_0790.JPG SAM_0774.JPG

fernlady likes this.
  20. MissSpitzMum

MissSpitzMum PetForums Senior

Looking for a great dog friendly holiday cottage down Norfolk way if anyone has any suggestions? Needs to be close to a dog friendly but not touristy beach (short drive, pref walk) and also lots of dog friendly country walks. Four people, three beds, one small dog!

To pay in for any help, if anyone is wanting to go up Hawkshead way I can recommend https://www.holidaycottages.co.uk/north-of-england/cumbria/wordsworth-house?n=7&pd=3

Dog friendly, close to pubs / restaurants / shops in a VERY dog friendly touristy village (dogs in all shops kind of deal). Loads of walks VERY close by (including gorgeous mountains and lakes). House itself has a fully enclosed and private garden and hardwood floors in half of the downstairs. The only drawback is the living room is fully carpetted and there is no dog cleaning facilities downstairs (except a freezing cold outside hose!), so plan ahead if you take your pooch out on a muddy walk... We had to wrangle our excited boy up the carpetted stairs and into one of the bathrooms after he rolled in allsorts. Easily done with a 11kg dog, but good luck with your Labs!

Kim Watcham likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice