Great holiday cottages - sticky?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by MollySmith, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Kim Watcham

Kim Watcham KIM N ARCHIE

hello yes I will let you know and check out all them walks ..kim x 20171220_072957.jpg

2. Kim Watcham

Kim Watcham KIM N ARCHIE

hope this is some help this is where we be staying where of in march for my birthday

3. Moobli

Moobli PetForums VIP

I haven't seen it. but will watch out for it. Thanks.

fernlady likes this.
  4. Kim Watcham

Kim Watcham KIM N ARCHIE

Does anyone off you take a doggie buggie away on your holidays with you i only use archies buggie just for holidays only as i enjoy walking him but somtimes when where away we go for long walks and archie only has little legs it gives him a rest now and then.... 20171201_111225.jpg

5. Kim Watcham

Kim Watcham KIM N ARCHIE

On holiday
    20171201_103421.jpg

6. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

Been sat looking at holidays and can’t decide what to do this year.

We have the beautiful White Cottage booked with ERC in June but looking to get away April and September aswell as usual (we only had 1 holiday this year due to 3 grandbabies and an ill mother in law so we both feel like we need our usual 3 if not more this year!)

Left it a bit late for the good ones with ERC and pack holidays so might have to try something else in Norfolk or a different location.

Any recommendations - we desperately love peaceful, no direct neighbours and some lovely quiet walks. Not bothered about pubs, shops etc as we have lazy mornings, walk the dogs and then cook in the evenings and snuggle up on the sofa.

We are midlands and ideally travel up to about 3 ish hours away.

Does this sound like anywhere someone’s already been and enjoyed it ?

Edited to add: walks need to be reasonably flat, I can’t be hiking up big hills anymore, getting too old lol

fernlady likes this.
  7. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

Have you looked at the Suffolk coastal area? It's a bit of a trek to get there but well worth it. I've not looked into holiday cottages as we have the static there, but round Dunwich, Walberswick or the outskirts of Aldeburgh, North Warren or Thorpness are good walking areas on lovely heathland and as flat as it comes. There's plenty of holiday rentals about in the area, it I can't be specific about any particular one. The NT have a few of cottages on a Dunwich Heath which were old coastguard cottages and there are cottages at Dunwich itself which is tiny and right by the sea
    https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/holiday-lists/cottages-for-groups-in-dunwich-heath

fernlady likes this.
  8. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

This one looks nice! Can I just ask though, is there any fencing ?

Don’t fancy chasing Oscar bugger pants round in the dark after last wee’s (he once took himself through the forest on a holiday at gone midnight, cue lady in her pj’s with a crappy torch trying to find him!)

Have never actually looked at Suffolk before so will have a good look through now, thank you :)

9. Jobeth

Jobeth PetForums VIP

E68AC47A-BA92-4C4E-8EFE-05D5ABF6C86E.png
    There is a gate to the drive of the property - far left corner - that they can get out of as it is left open. Mine only stayed on the part that was cut so it wasn’t an issue. They didn’t like the rest of the grass!

#429 Jobeth, Dec 30, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    fernlady likes this.
  10. fernlady

fernlady PetForums Senior

I'm very jealous that you're going to White Cottage, we loved it last year! We also went to Poets Corner in Mundesley which was amazing (they've got 1 week left in September)!
    We've got Sandy Paws booked for next June which looks pretty flat & Fell View Barn in September which is in the middle of nowhere but not particularly flat!

https://www.sykescottages.co.uk/cot...ke-District-Rookby/Fell-View-Barn-918671.html

http://www.pawprintsholidays.com/accommodation/pawprintsholidays

http://www.packholidays.co.uk/portfolio-items/poets-corner/

11. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

That’s a shame, I can’t say my 3 are as wellbehaved as yours - Oscar would eye up the gate all day and then make a run for it in the dark lol

Looks a lovely place though!

Our last visit to White Cottage was April 2015, it’s took us that long to get another week we can do :eek: and tbh we didn’t want that particular week but took it in the end as everything else was already booked and this was last new year I booked it! Prices have gone up significantly since our first visit mind you ....

I was looking at Poets Corner last night after you said how quiet it was there but again, that’s booked for early September, we usually go once everyone’s kids have gone back to school. We may rebook Crincle again, just the sofas weren’t very comfortable tbh, it was perfect other than that. Might email Gail actually to have a chat.

Will have a nosey at the others aswell, thank you :)

Jobeth likes this.
  12. fernlady

The week available at Poets is 21st September, the same week we were there last year. All the kids were definitely back at school x

13. Violet Turner

Violet Turner Banned

kimthecat likes this.
  14. Jobeth

Jobeth PetForums VIP

The gate was too far away for mine. I’m not sure if you could close it though. The owner was very friendly and loved dogs if you want to check. I stayed at one in seahouses that had an enclosed garden. The one at Flash Derbyshire had a tiny enclosed yard but the house was perfect. The front garden wasn’t enclosed which was annoying. Most I’ve been too aren’t secure for tiny dogs and so I wouldn’t recommend them.

15. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

Sadly can’t do 21st September as my twin grandsons birthday is 22nd September so we will be in Isle of Man then. Don’t think we would be forgiven being away with the dogs :Hilarious

Well I’ve had a busy day!

I’ve booked Heath Cottage with Pack Holidays for September so with White Cottage in June that just leaves me April to sort out now.

Then booked Poets for April 2019 and White Cottage for September 2019

And White Cottage again for April 2020

Going to email to ask as it does look nice !

Jobeth likes this.
  16. fernlady

Wow! You have been busy! I'm very jealous & thought I was super organised but you beat me hands down! You do need to get in early with ERC & Pack so well done you. Let me know if you fancy a couple of lodgers & 1 well behaved dog! I hope you like Poets as much as we did x

17. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

Mylo wouldn’t be a good dog after my 3 teached him their naughtiness :Hilarious

I told Gail it was Mylo’s mummy who recommended Poets :)

Yeah it is a shame ERC and now Pack get so booked up, but they excel in what they do so it’s hardly a surprise. Just need to keep booking 2 years in advance! Norfolk is so lovely, I’d move there tomorrow if I could :)

fernlady likes this.
  18. fernlady

@Westie Mum we often say we'd like to live there. It's a lovely, relaxed way of life, almost like stepping back in time! When we were at Poets last year we met a lovely old man whilst we were walking in Bacton Woods. He was telling us how he had moved there 40+ years ago & said the reason it was unspoilt was because nobody tries to change it. You don't drive through Norfolk to get to anywhere else - you only really visit (unless you live there). It made perfect sense!

19. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

You are spot on, Norfolk is very much like going back in time! Even our mobiles don’t really work :)

We love Bacton Woods aswell and so many people stop for a chat which is nice!

They were very quick to reply to my email. Sadly they are booked up in April. He said they only have a few weeks left for this year now so another one you hsve to book up well in advance .... maybe one for another year!

Jobeth likes this.
  20. spamvicious

spamvicious PetForums Senior

Hi guys I'm looking for a nice cottage with an enclosed garden in Yorkshire or surrounding areas if anyone has any recommendations?.