Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Great book...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by kenla210, Aug 1, 2009.

1. kenla210

kenla210 PetForums Senior

Just finished a book called The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein, and wanted to recommend it. The whole story is told from the perspective of the family dog - Enzo. Was really good, although I have to confess I did cry a little... for all dog & book lovers :)

The Art of Racing in the Rain: Amazon.co.uk: Garth Stein: Books

2. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

I love dog books! Bought Marley and me when i was in America sobbed at the end :/ also have read 'A dog year', also 'Born to run' and most recently 'Walking Ollie' which surprisingly had a happy ending :p

3. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

That sounds really good I might have to buy it!

Have you read Stephen Foster's Walking Ollie and Along Came Dylan? I loved them.

x

4. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I liked Born to Run that was great. It was sad near the end though when he didn't recognise the dog :(

My mum bought me the sequel to Walking Ollie for my birthday its great!

What's 'A Dog Year' about? (obv a dog. lol)

x

5. kenla210

I properly sobbed with Marley and Me too... ON THE BUS! very embarassing, but worth it, it was a great book.
    Will swap the book for a second puppy??? LOL seriously though, you can have the book when I come next time. Trying to be brutal on my hoarding tendencies with the move coming up... ;)

6. kenla210

Gonna have to give em a go. Was looking for some new books for my holiday :)

7. Patterdale_lover

Awhh bless ya! Yeah that would be great i watched the video advert for it and it looks like a good read

Poison gilr i loved walking ollie

A dog year is about a man who leads a subtle life with his two labs then he rescues a border collie. He was so not prepared for the tricks this dog pulls out the bag. Its basically about them becoming close to one another and the fights and emotions that come with. A great read well worth it :D

8. Patterdale_lover

I also want to read the book 'from Baghdad with love' the true story about the puppy that is found by US marines and raised within the war, and their desperate battle to get him to America. It looks a good read :D

9. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Cool well there are defo some books I need to buy then! :D

I have just finished reading another non-dog related book, by Torey Hayden.
    Now I have no un-read books left in my house! :(

x

10. Patterdale_lover

Lol dont worry im just like you, im a book worm i have 60 odd books in the house, read 'em all, im such a lil book worm i go to the library now, get dog books down there its were i found walking ollie! :D

11. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I got given book tokens for my birthday last year, and held onto them until I could get to a Big book shop in Glasgow! I can't remember what else I bought though.
    I always used to think book tokens were a waste as here our book shop is tiny!
    Then I discovered Borders in Glasgow and I spent all my 'hanging around' time waiting on busses etc in the pet section in there! Lol

x

12. Patterdale_lover

Well our nearest library (cos we live in the middle of nowere in a village :rolleyes:) is 10 - 15 mins away and is tiny, but the one in oxford which is about half hour away is huge! Can't wait to go to the pet section in there :p

13. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I read this a few months ago. I cried like a baby.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice