Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Gratch in heat again

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Gratch, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

Well, Gratch appears to be in heat again. Obviously Kerry is neutered now so there's no chance of another pregnancy but this would be her 4th heat, does it put her at increased risk of an infection? I'm not sure if I should just call the vets and get her spayed sooner or if she should be fine until her booked appointment when the kittens are 13 weeks. Thanks for any info!

2. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Call your vet and see if they will spay her sooner. I don't think it poses that much of a risk to her health but it will be better for her once she is spayed and less worry for you too as she could still try to get out.

3. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

how longs he been neutered for?? 6-8weeks after still fertile...

if shes calling now they wont do it, how old are the kits?? are you sure its her 4th call??? thats alot to have with young kits??

4. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

How long ago was Kerry neutured?? I only ask because my oops litter was the result of my neutured cat mating my girl (he was neutured around 2 or 3 months earlier) will have to go back andd check...

How old are the kitties now?
    and any new pics? :D

5. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

Kittens are 6 weeks on thursday :) Kerry was neutered feb 28th, kittens were born march 17th. Aye I'm sure it's her 4th call, her 3rd was when he caught her which was the 11th january. She only had very short calls and there was a long long time between them. He's showing no interest in her just now so we should be ok but OH is going to take him through the house until she stops anyway. Will get OH to charge his phone up and take new pics tonight, they're big bonnie babies :D

I meant her 4th overall call since she matured btw, not 4th call since the kittens were born.

6. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

Do call vet and have her neutered as soon as you can, if she accidentally gets out there will be more kittens on the way :(

7. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

Just looked back and checked my thread, my neutured boy got my girl 3 or four weeks after he was done. I think they stay fertile for 6 or 8 weeks after so you should be in the safe zone now :D
    how are the kittys doing?

8. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

They're doing great, terrorising as expected! I doubt I'll have toes by the time they would have been leaving us :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice