Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

grass

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by hayleyb, Jun 29, 2009.

1. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

is it true cats eat grass when they have a poorly stomach and want to be sick?

sheldon was eatin some the other day and the mornin after hed been sick on the carpet but all that came up was a lump of grass. no food no hairballs jst grass. so im curious to why he ate it. i also sore him eatin leaves 2day

2. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

sometimes, I normally see my cats having a nibble on grass anyway and not be sick!

3. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

ah rite. maybe he had too much of it or somethin. it was a large clump and was a grass stain on the carpet. at 1st i thought oh hadnt taken his shoes off and walked it in but he'd noticed it in the morn when he left for work.

4. Dozymoo

Dozymoo PetForums VIP

Hi there!

Cats chew on grass to help aid and balance their digestion. It's completely normal. The only problem is that on the absence of grass they'll chew on other plants instead. This means you have to be careful as some house plants are poisonous.

You can even buy cat grass kits from pets shops. It's really easy to grow too! :) xx

5. Aud's_Mum

Aud's_Mum PetForums VIP

I bought tubs of kitty grass but mine wouldnt touch it, so i resorted to pulling up some of next doors grass and putting that in a container - Baxter gobbled it down. He's also eating dried leave and twigs!!! :rolleyes:

6. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

lol I also bought those tubs of grass that you grow when my kitty was an indoor cat but he never touched it! He does nibble on some grass from time to time.

7. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Mai Tai likes to eat the grass when she's out on her lead but she's very choosy about which grass she likes :rolleyes: The front lawn is the nicest or some odd blades of long grass that sneak up in between the slabs on the patio :D

8. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

thankyou for your replies. he was sick again this mornin but this time it was yellow thick and runny (if it can be both them things) smelt very nastly aswell.

we are goin to the vets on thurs do you think its somethin i shud worry about?

9. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

he might have eaten something that disagreed with him but a trip to the vets is definitely the best thing just to be sure. good luck and hope Sheldon is ok

10. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

thankyou i shall update this post on thurs after the vets :)

thanx all for replies

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice