Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Grass seeds.

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by LisaJane, May 27, 2010.

1. LisaJane

LisaJane PetForums Newbie

Do grass seeds get stuck it cats paws?

The lawn in my garden is a bit patchy and ideally I'd like to just put grass seed down. But I have a 9 month old cat who really enjoys playing outside. I don't want to have to keep her indoors. Will she be ok?

2. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

The occasional might get stuck but I am not sure why that should harm your cat.

What is your worry?

Welcome to the pf by the way! :thumbup:

3. LisaJane

LisaJane PetForums Newbie

My worry is that grass seeds have pointed ends. Thats why I think they might hurt her.

4. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Oh, ok! Personally, I doubt that anything would happen even she ate one. Mine chew branches, raw bones, and chewy treats - all of which can have pointy or sharp corners. :D

Edit: My one-tracked mind was thinking about you worrying about her eating it :lol: Ooops sorry. You mean stuck in their paw, don't you? :eek: Considering the other pointy things a cat outside walks (gravel etc) I don't think she will come to any harm. Perhaps check the paws in the evenings though just to make sure

#4 hobbs2004, May 27, 2010
    Last edited: May 27, 2010
  5. billyboysmammy

billyboysmammy PetForums VIP

ok

yes there is a minimal risk of grass seeds getting stuck, they can get stuck in all sorts of places from behing the soft palate, between the paw pads, in eyelids and in the ears. Its one of the more common seasonal things your vet will deal with in cats.

However the risk is still fairly minimal i would think, and the softened germinating seeds will be less harm than the hardened dry ones.

6. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

I think its more a problem for dogs :rolleyes: welocme to the pf by the way :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice