Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

grass eating!!

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by xxbailliexx, May 25, 2010.

1. xxbailliexx

xxbailliexx PetForums Member

ok, i know most dogs at some point eat grass but is it normal for a dog to eat it like its food?
    as soon as i let baillie out the back she starts eating it and we have to drag her away from it. its getting to the point where when she does a poo (sorry :eek:) she's having problems going.
    any info would be much appriciated :thumbup:

2. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

If it was a little earlier in the year I'd say it was because it is so sweet, but maybe something has been on it making it taste sweet or something else nice. I'd try and stop her if its making her constipated. You might have to put a cage muzzle on her for a couple of weeks until she gets out of the habit, when you let her out.

3. xxbailliexx

she's eating it around were we have planted some flowers, its like big long strands if that makes any sense lol she does'nt eat the (as i call it lol) normal grass from the lawn. its not really making her constipated (dont want to be to graphic and make people feel sick :D) but its more when she is doing the toilet the grass is coming out too and then she is dragging her backside along the grass!!! :eek: i've tried hosing the area she is eating from but it has'nt stopped her.

4. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

Can you pull the grass out or is it decorative grass

5. xxbailliexx

yeah we've been pulling it out as much as we can but there is loads of it :eek: i will make a point of getting that sorted tomorrow as much as possible. just did'nt know if it was ok for her to eat grass or if it was something i should really try and put a stop too. thanks.

6. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

It won't do any harm but it can quite often make them foamy sick and if its making poo awkward I would try and keep her off it.

7. marcy shaw

marcy shaw PetForums Newbie

i dont know wat to do my cockapoo is always getting a bad stomach and constipated.very fussy eater.when she spots me gett8ng dogs dinners ready she runs other end of flat .she would livenon chicken n ric but i expect that not enought nutrition.only dog food she eats is frolick.and she wont eat till night.any help appreciated

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice