Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Gradually being set free

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Siskin, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

Anyone got plans from Monday with the slight relaxation of the lockdown

We have been invited round to our good friends garden on Wednesday for a bbq. Cant wait, will be so nice to sit and chat to then all together instead of phone calls and short chats if we are passing each other’s houses.

2. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

No relaxation for us yet in Scotland but we have our 'stay at home' changed on Friday to 'stay local'

I think that means we can travel up to 5 miles to walk again which means i can get back to the woods to walk. Woo hoo!!

lullabydream, Siskin and rona like this.
  3. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Kayaking Tuesday, visit friend Wednesday (hopefully) walk my fav little walk dog Thursday, outdoor swim Friday with two friends :)

lullabydream and Siskin like this.
  4. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Nothing really changes for me yet apart from friends can sit in my garden.

OH and DS are looking forward to their club football getting going again (though there are many hoops to jump through to follow Covid safe regulations, forms and risk assessments to complete, etc. Not sure how they can prevent spectators in a public park though.

The next “release” date is the one I’m eagerly awaiting so I can sit down alfresco in comfort (hopefully better weather) with friends and have coffee and lunch again :)

#4 Lurcherlad, Mar 28, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
  5. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

Oooh me too! Though it is often nippy in Scotland for al fresco - im looking forward to indoor cafes and restaurants again.

We can have folk in our gardens already i think but they must already live really close to us as we are supposed to be staying at home. So only ones that live in walking distance i suppose.

I am getting my hair cut april 12th so that is something to look forward to.

margy, lullabydream, Siskin and 2 others like this.
  6. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

We've not got anything planned, but I'm once again going to be mobile in April & have a little car, so planning walks in some places we don't get to go usually (unless we can get a lift, & that's not been an option in lockdown!) like the beaches & local enclosed dog fields.

I cannot wait:D

7. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

It will be quite some time before I shall sit inside anywhere public tbh.

My neighbour is desperate for a haircut and I’ve promised to cut it in my garden.

I’ve been more than satisfied with cutting my own hair, so I think I’ll carry on tbh.

8. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

Same here, not that I went in many places anyway, usually just the occasional garden centre cafe when I met up with my auntie.

9. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

We aren't going anywhere. I'm not going far until the end of May after I've had my second jab and waiting 3 weeks to take affect.

10. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

This is it - we all have to do what we are comfortable with. Desperate as i am to get back to the theatre, i havent and wont buy tickets yet as im just not comfortable thinking of being in an indoor space with so many others.

But i was back in cafes right up until december last year, and i felt very comfortable with the screens between tables, payment taken at the table, one way systems etc. I will definitely be right back in cafes as soon as i can. There is nothing nicer to me than putting the world to rights with a good friend over a large pot of tea and slice of lemon drizzle cake.

Well worth it to my mind:)

Not fussed to go dashing off on any breaks just yet though. Will be happy staying in my own town until October.

And then it's off to Blackpool where i hope it will be very busy, noisy and tons of fun!

11. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

I’m getting married :eek::eek:

12. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

Actually - that's a lie!! I think we will nip and see my mother in law who is about 20 miles from us when allowed. Havent seen her since jan 2020 i dont think.

And i might meet joannef for a dog walk which is also about 20 miles from me.

I think this might be allowed from 26th april as it will be all outdoors

lullabydream likes this.
  13. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

Woo hoo congratulations!!! Have you date? Can you have all the guests you want and - importantly - will Teddy be there?

lullabydream, Teddy-dog and JoanneF like this.
  14. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

Hurrah and congratulations

lullabydream, Teddy-dog and JoanneF like this.
  15. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

Congratulations @Teddy-dog

I'll start seeing my parents again but that's it for me.

16. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

Woo hoo! Massive congratulations. X

lullabydream and Teddy-dog like this.
  17. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

Thank you all!
    We are actually getting married tomorrow afternoon - just us and two witnesses. So no Ted unfortunately as he’s not allowed in! Then we have moved our big do till November and having a celebrant for the ceremony (not legal in England that’s why we’re still doing the legal bit now). So we can hopefully have all our friends and family and Ted at that one :)

18. margy

margy PetForums VIP

Very best wishes for your wedding and future life together. Good luck and have a lovely day xx

Teddy-dog likes this.
  19. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

Ooh huge, massive congratulations. X

20. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

I went on the bus to pick up some rescue rats on Friday, passed the Theatre Royal in Norwich & have to say it hurt my heart seeing no ads for shows & upcoming events.

I do hope the theatre & arts industries can recover from this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice