Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Government visiting hospitals

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rona, Apr 13, 2011.

1. rona

rona Guest

David Cameron and Nick Clegg visited of hospital recently that someone I know very well had been admitted to 3 days before the visit.
    He has several various illnesses and is on permanent morphine for his dreadful pain. This was his 3rd trip to this same hospital in a month, every time the ambulance paramedic got to him he was so bad he was non responsive.
    They'd keep him in for 24 hours and send him home :mad:
    The 3rd time he was kept in A&E for 2 days, they wanted to send him home again, even though all that dealt with his day to day care (doctor,nurses,wife and social services) said he shouldn't be sent home :( a day before the "visit" a disused ward was opened and all the "difficult" patients were moved to this ward.
    Two days later, the ward was shut again :rolleyes:
    How can these politicians make informed decisions when they are shielded from the realities of life?
    Did the hospital do this to protect their good name or because of the treat of closure? :(

2. Cockerpoo lover

Cockerpoo lover PetForums VIP

OMG bloody typical!!!

What a cover-up.

Whether it's government or an inspector doing a visit of any establishment, I really wish these visits were unannounced and they saw exactly how they were run.

Though I do know there is obviously security to think of-which cuts down on unplanned visits but then they could bring their own ;)

3. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

They have to be organised visits...When Cameron and Co. visit they want to see the head honcho and his minions...not nurses and patients.

They have to announce a visit to make sure the nobs can get back from their foreign fact finding tours,lunches, and the golf club.

4. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

They never see the true running of something when it is an announced visit .....I watched Dispatches on Tuesday night which was about going undercover in our hospitals around the country - made for very very uncomfortable viewing but did highlight many problems......and the Manager of the hospitals response ? he terminated the interview he requested after being asked some questions which made him uncomfortable and told the reporter that if it had been an informed documentary it would have shown a truer result:rolleyes::rolleyes:

5. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

it`s disgusting the way they treat people in some hospitals these days. my oh`s friend`s uncle had been in and out the hospital for weeks complaining of chest trouble and kept getting sent home - on the way home one day he collapsed and died from a massive heart attack which could have been prevented had the nhs picked up on the problems he had rather than just palming him off :(

6. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Im sort of in two minds about them - on the one hand they have been given targets to meet and timed targets at that which means they are helpless to give the best care all the time because the management are constantly on them - I also saw where many nurses bully patients especially the elderly :(:( was heartbreaking to watch that....

7. millie mo

millie mo PetForums Member

i know its not the same but when i worked in a care home they were told when there inspection date was the place then used to be painted carpets washed fresh flowers all the clients used to have ther best clothes on it used to make me sick:mad: they should have had surprise visits so they can see the true picture

8. rona

rona Guest

I certainly don't blame the hospitals, this happens in all walks of life.
    It's the corrupt system that we all are living with and paying for.
    Why problems cannot be discussed and sorted in an honest way I shall never know.
    It's like the powers that be are playing one huge game with other peoples lives :(

9. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

A few years back Princess Anne came to visit our hospital. In the weeks before they painted all the corriders, the wards she would visit and the bits of the other wards she might see through the doors!!LOL:D
    (Im sure the Royal family think that everywhere smells of fresh paint all the time!!):rolleyes:

10. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Ive can only say good things about the n.h.s tbh.:)

11. DaisytheTT

DaisytheTT PetForums Senior

Yep this seems to be the way of it.

When we had royalty visit the hospital I previously worked at, they only got to see the good bits, our physio department which had damp peeling walks was completely off limits. :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice