Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

gotta love rugby

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by gem88, Oct 28, 2013.

1. gem88

gem88 PetForums VIP

well omg i ache like hell this morning :lol: we won yesterday (2nd win of he season) so happy days :D

my lo had a tournament with the under 10's of the club yesterday too. we've both catalouged quite a few injuries between us but thankfully nothing broken (i broke my little toe a few weeks ago but i managed to keep that from being stood on, not sure how lol)

so i have mildly black eyes and a sore nose from someones shoulder connecting with my nose, stiff neck and bruises down my shoulders and back from the scrum. (i play prop, normally tight head but i has to play loose head yesterday so that was interesting, for non rugby people that's front of the scrum on the left instead of right) my arms ache, i bizarrely have a sore finger but not sure why lol. a bruise on my back at the base of my ribs from the opposing prop shoving her knuckles in at every scrum. bruised thighs, sore hips, bruise on my wrist and a beautiful lump on my calf from studs when someone stood on my in a ruck lol.

LO is sporting a superb pair of black eyes, a scratch down the cheek, a lump on the back of his head, a very pretty bruise on his hip, a knee to the chest, bruised legs and a couple on his back.

its a good thing we love out rugby!! hubbys not looking too impressed though. he doesnt like seeing us hurt lol :wink: just keeps looking at us and shaking his head when we find another bruise lol

anyone else play?

2. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

Love rugby, don't play though. I ache after 3 hours of tennis, rugby would finish me off :eek: but my DD has just started tag rugby. She's 14. Not sure she'll stick to it, she prefers non contact sports now.

Have you tried ice baths?

3. Hanwombat

Hanwombat I ♥ dogs with eyebrows !!

I don't play but I love to watch it :) Better than wussy crappy football!

4. gem88

gem88 PetForums VIP

never tried them. i know ice baths are only good directly after the game though and most clubs dont have them. although if we're lucky the showers are cold :)

5. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

Make your own using your own bath at home, ice and water.

Congratulations on winning xx

6. gem88

gem88 PetForums VIP

i dont get home in time to make it worth while. have to do it within about an hour of finishing. trouble s all away games are over 3 hours from home and our home games i dont get home till over an hour after the match. i just hope they have cold showers where ever we play :lol:

thanks for the congrats. im so chuffed. :D

7. Mr Gizmo

Mr Gizmo Body of a Buddah.

Well done on winning :thumbup: ,I was going to ask how you got on.
    I don't play(to old and to unfit) but I love watching it. :cool:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice