UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, Richard here, i just want people's opinions what i should go for group home or a place on my own, i am currently in supportive housing and i have to move on soon as my tenacy is over my keyworker said in group home i would get more support and i would eventually get a place of my own anyway, and i think company is what i need some people are saying that group home is not good like one of my friends for example, what do people on pet forums think group home or a place on my own? What are advantages and disadvantages for somebody like me with mental health? My keyworker has found me a group home which has rooms available!

·
Banned
8,756 Posts
Id listen to your key worker. they know you, your situation and the resources available and what would work best for you.

Good Luck in which ever you decide :)

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
I'd say it depends very much on your individual circumstances.

Group homes are usually well supported and may allow you access to more support services, even volunteering opportunities. Also, you'll always have someone around should a crisis occur.

Living alone has its advantages but you have to be responsible for paying all bills, cleaning, transport, managing the DWP etc. which can sound overwhelming if you've not had to do it for a while.

I'd suggest you have a chat with your key worker about your thoughts, if you feel able :)

Hope you find something that works out for you :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.