UK Pet Forums Forum banner
61 - 80 of 92 Posts
LOL wow I am on the right track but in my opinion it is to buy a house that ticks all the must and most of want and have it cheap enough to do the would likes.
I've lived in my current house for 15 years now. I got my musts, all but one of my wants (I wanted no neighbours, but have neighbours all around me) .... my lists of "likes" we are still working on, but then you knock the house about to forefill 1 "like" and then get idea's for another dozen likes so the list will never end ;)

Our house is very moderate compared to our income though which was one of our musts .... I don't want to live poor so i can be admired by others for having a grand house.

Discussion starter · #62 ·
I've lived in my current house for 15 years now. I got my musts, all but one of my wants (I wanted no neighbours, but have neighbours all around me) .... my lists of "likes" we are still working on, but then you knock the house about to forefill 1 "like" and then get idea's for another dozen likes so the list will never end ;)

Our house is very moderate compared to our income though which was one of our musts .... I don't want to live poor so i can be admired by others for having a grand house.
I feel the same.It has all my must and more and most of my wants and as for the want i can still afford to do them and go out to eat after lol.This is my first time and i wanted to move so bad i could taste it and not that the time is here to offer i suddenly feel sick and am scared to death and have cold feet.Now a am so full of doubt.Is this the right thing?am i going to be happy?What if it doesnt ever feel like home what if what if what if.I think i am going crazy.

I feel the same.It has all my must and more and most of my wants and as for the want i can still afford to do them and go out to eat after lol.This is my first time and i wanted to move so bad i could taste it and not that the time is here to offer i suddenly feel sick and am scared to death and have cold feet.Now a am so full of doubt.Is this the right thing?am i going to be happy?What if it doesnt ever feel like home what if what if what if.I think i am going crazy.
It's natural to feel like that.

Worst case you don't like it once you move in - do it up, sell it, make a profit and move to another :)

If it helps, just pretend the money isn't real - works for me lol ..... I presume it works the same there as here but the money never goes in your bank, you never see it. The lender pays the solicitors, the solicitors pay the vendors solicitors who then pass it on to the vendor, or towards their new mortgage.

It's just digits on a piece of paper to me. If it was actual cash sitting in my bank I'd probably feel more panic :Shamefullyembarrased

Discussion starter · #70 ·
Oooohhhhh when do you find out if the offer has been accepted ?
just got the counter offer and they raised it 3,000 over our bid and we cover closing costs.I will have to discuss this when I get home but I think we are going to take it.Then comes all all the expenses and scrambling.1,000 dollars ernest money down then $500 for home inspection and another $500 dollars for an assessment then closing costs and on and on.

just got the counter offer and they raised it 3,000 over our bid and we cover closing costs.I will have to discuss this when I get home but I think we are going to take it.Then comes all all the expenses and scrambling.1,000 dollars ernest money down then $500 for home inspection and another $500 dollars for an assessment then closing costs and on and on.
Exciting times !

Let us know if/when you agree to the extra :)

Discussion starter · #80 ·
NO sad face i am ok with walking away from this one.It just is what it is.We have 2 more to go look at at the end of the week.They are both more twords the top of the loan amount but they both appear to be move in ready and dont need anything.Plus they both have nice rec rooms in the basement with pool tables.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.