UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wondered if anyone else had experienced anything similar.

I was walking Diz up to the field earlier this aft. and she shook her head after sniffing something odd and her lead came unclipped :confused:
Luckily she didn't move so I could reattach it. But gave me the fright of my life, we were about 5m from a main road!!

I initially thought I hadn't put it on correctly (I accidentally clipped on the ID tag ring once) , but about 100 yrds later same thing happened and I know it was clipped on properly.

She wasn't pulling, in fact it seemed to be a loose lead that came unclipped :eek:
I tested it when I got home and couldn't make it unclip, so no idea what on earth happened??

Anyone experienced it? I have contacted the manufacturers, but it seems really odd. It'd not a cheapy lead, it's leather, cost £17.

Thnx

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
It used to happen all the time with Cassie's lead from PAH. She would shake and it would come off.

·
Premium Member
33,930 Posts
No, but I use a head collar so I use a training lead one end is clipped to collar and the other to his head collar so if one failed I'd still have control.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, it's not good is it, what a scare! Could have been a catastrophe :mad:

Searching for a decent new lead now, plenty online but really need it tomorrow, suppose she wouldn't mind a few Flexi walks for a few days.

Be interesting to see what the manufacturer has to say.

·
Registered
23,245 Posts
Thankfully Ive only once had a lead break and it was Adams as I was walking along my road to my house after a walk. By sheer coincidence my best friend had popped round and was standing outside my door so Adam ran straight into her arms!!:D

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
What a scare! I haven't had a lead clip fail but I have had a collar come unfastened and had to chase my far too agile min pin towards the main road, this was before his recall was solid. I'm glad your woof stayed by your side. :)

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Its happened to me before! Ive also had a lead snap in half while i was walking down a busy main road! :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.